Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:07 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,497,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Even though you may have read the different Threads telling about all the "bad" of Southern Cal........why would you want to move there or stay living there? For a lot of people, Southern Cal is the best place on earth to live. What do you think?
I think that most working class of people are their is because of a job and when they retire they stay because ther family is their. Most would like to get out but can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 07:37 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,105,037 times
I want to COME BACK to California!

Old 04-27-2007, 06:37 PM

642 posts, read 3,073,929 times
Then come on back!! There's still plenty of room . What compels you to want to come back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I want to COME BACK to California!

Old 04-28-2007, 09:34 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,052,999 times
I moved out of CA to TX and I hate it. I am moving back in less than a month! Woo Hoo!!!!! I can't wait to get back home!!! I won't post why I don't like Texas because the Texas lynch mob will string me up as they've already done, but you can search other threads I've posted in and figure out why.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:12 PM

989 posts, read 5,927,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
Two things keep me in So CA, the weather, and the international character of the place. I think it's great to hear different languages
..different languages?? (there's one different language)

I would've said it differently. The weather and stunning beauty.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:43 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,082,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
..different languages?? (there's one different language)

I would've said it differently. The weather and stunning beauty.
No prob. You just did (say it differently).

Old 04-29-2007, 03:56 PM

1,749 posts, read 8,340,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflight View Post
I think what people fail to continuously understand is you can't expect country living in a large metro area and vice versa. It's NOT going to happen, wake up and smell the decaf! No need to even waste your time writing about crowds, traffic, pollution, crime, etc. when it's all issues that happen in a place that is filled with people. It's stuff you have to either accept, learn to accept or decline it all and move away. ALL the metro areas of the world have the same issues, some are even worse than others. As crowded as the LA area is, it's not even the densest metropolitan area in the US and is far less dense than the others in the world. Need_affordable_home, you don't sound like someone who wants to or can deal with life in a large metro area. And that is perfectly OK. I know of people who just LOVE all the aspects of metro life. They love the energy, people, 24/7 life, and the list goes on. No they are not blind to the urban life issues but they know that's what comes with living in a large city.
This is one point I hammer frequently. I hear lots of whining about the things listed as people give us all the finger and shove off for Smalltown, Squarestate. They compare towns with a few high rises (and use the word "city" to describe them) to Los Angeles which is ludicrous. As I always say...if you are terrified of living here, feel the only way you can survive it is to barracade yourself...maybe you'd like the boonies better. I live, move, walk and drive freely and I don't have any problems. I meet friendly people and have sensational experiences here on a daily basis.

I'm a 3rd generation Angeleno and I've lived here on and off my whole life. In my adult life I've made two moves away. I'm well traveled. My first move brought cheaper housing and zero quality of life. My second move brought tropical paradise along with zero culture and 3x the cost of living. I can't tell you all how happy I am to be back here. My quality of life instantly rocketed skyward as I got off the plane. I love the pulse of living in a Megapolitan. There's no place like L.A. and many people love what it is, many others hate it. Many have personal problems and blame it on Los Angeles when they should be looking in the mirror. This is a fabulous, vibrant, dynamic city brimming with opportunities for those who choose to partake.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:20 PM

223 posts, read 281,470 times
i shall pray for all you californians....amen.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:30 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,052,999 times
But wait - you're location states that you are in SOCAL!!!!

Old 05-06-2007, 04:46 AM

223 posts, read 281,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
But wait - you're location states that you are in SOCAL!!!!
please dont remind me.....sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California