Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2006, 04:57 PM

2 posts, read 87,446 times

Advertisements

Hi, me and two friends from Iowa want to get out and move to California we all are college students and are looking for the best place to live that has cheap apartments close to the ocean($800 a month max). We are planning on leaving next summer. please help. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2006, 08:14 PM

989 posts, read 5,923,871 times
To live near the ocean you will most likely need to pay atleast 800 each. If you like to party, drink, go to bars and clubs, and want to be near the beach-the Pacific Beach area of San Diego would be heaven. It is literaly a haven for young single twenty somethings. In Orange County, Huntington and Costa Mesa are popular with young people. There's is a good bar scene in both of these places. However, unlike Mission or Pacific Beach there are families and elders who make up a large portion of the population. In Los Angeles, Santa Monica is a great place to look. Itself has world-class shopping, dining, and nightlife. The third street promenade is a popular place for young people to congregate and go at night. The young Hollywood scene is not too far away either. If your deciding factor is price-I would say go to Pacific Beach, if it is -things to do- go Santa Monica. Good Luck.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:20 PM

676 posts, read 3,075,479 times
San Diego, but you won't be finding any $800 apartments. To be honest, you really can't find $800 apartments in too many places in CA, especially not near the ocean. It isn't fun, but my first year of college I shared a room and it helped save in rent money. We had 4 girls to a 2 bedroom apartment in Santa Barbara and quite a few of our neighbors were actually doing the same thing. It doesn't make dating easy, but other than that there are so many fun places to be hanging out you really aren't home much anyway.....

Old 09-26-2006, 09:54 AM

2 posts, read 87,446 times
I was looking at rent.com and i noticed that Imperial Beach has some cheap apartments...would this be a good place to live?

Old 11-08-2006, 09:06 PM

1 posts, read 43,730 times
I think you would probably want to live in Pacific Beach, if you want to party. Look on craigslist.org for apartments not rent.com. It pretty much has every apartment from everyother website and some that aren't any other places. Ocean Beach and Point Loma are nice too, but not as good for young people. Good luck.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:37 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,504 times
I think Imperial Beach is not a young party crowd, it is sort of isolated by the Navy Seals Training center to the north and Mexico to the south,,

The beachs to the north will be better.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:14 AM

19 posts, read 186,129 times
How "close to the beach" are you wanting to be? There are many more options if you consider inland a little ways you will have much more luck (though its still going to be tricky) finding something in the under $900 range. There are probably 50 colleges within an hours drive to the beach...still going to be tough to find something i that price range though. Even the really "bad" places are going for around $900/month, minimum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California