Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 09:02 PM

24 posts, read 26,302 times

Advertisements

Im 22 and I am currently going to community college. I am a white caucasion male. I have lived in a suburb of detroit my whole life. Last year I went to school in orlando fl. I liked living in Orlando met lots of nice people some of whom are some of my best friends now. There was always alot to do. I dont think I want to move back to Orlando in August when the school year starts again. There was just to much crime and two many homeless people. I would like to move to California. I have been to San Diego once and thought it was the best things ever. Here is what Im looking for.
-Nightlife or things for young people to do.
-I have a golden retriever dog so the area would have to be dog friendly.
-Im looking for an apartment in a nice area I could spend the max 1500 a month for either a 1 or 2 bed room apartment that is dog friendly.
-I dont want to live in a retierment comminity or w alot of families.
-It would be a plus to be an area such as a planned community or a beach town with resturants/bars near by.
-It could be close to a downtown area.
-Parks or alot of outdoor areas that are dog friendly would be a huge plus.
-I would also be interested in finding a job working in a retail setting selling clothing of somesort.
-It would have to be within 20 to 30 min to a commnity college or trade school. Im going to school for business.
Any thoughts on a city in California that meets some or all of these requirments.

Is 1500 to cheap for a nice apartment in California?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 02:04 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times
I assume you have money in the bank, maybe a trust fund? Sounds like San Diego would be a good area for you. You may want to post on that forum for additional feedback.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:24 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
Pacific Beach in San Diego is what you're looking for though, honestly, you'd likely do better staying in school or at least going to a state where you can get in state tuition.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:46 PM

767 posts, read 1,743,421 times
Are you willing to have roommates? Are you willing to leave the dog at home in MI? Are you willing to work full time? Have you considered that a retail job- or any job- won't be easy to get?

Those are the questions at issue.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:13 PM

58 posts, read 190,285 times
I second PB. I lived on the beach in a 1 bedroom apartment (it was crappy) for $1300 a month. I had 2 dogs. This was 7 years ago, so rent will have gone up but probably still doable. Check the blue apartments behind Lahina's right on the beach. I had so much fun, could walk to bars and restaurants, and it was a good time in life. The street was Olive, I believe, but there are a bunch of units down there. It was not fancy, and I used to have Navy guys drinking on my car in the parking lot, and once the Mongols biker Gang took over the area for the day, but it was a good time. Do it while you are young. They don't allow drinking on that beach anymore, so it is probably less crazy. Otherwise, you might find what you are Looking for in Santa Barbara near the city college. You would probably need roommates to find a dog friendly place though, but the city is very dog friendly overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California