Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 11:32 AM

21,765 posts, read 16,405,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
This question would be for tulemutt also. I know the weather isn't great but those are both very pretty areas, there must be things you miss unless you left really young
Nope. Not that come to mind.

I left at age 18.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 06:57 PM

880 posts, read 1,417,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Yeah, I heard he went back to his $$$ roots after prison. Much like many criminals do.
A friend was in the pen with him for a short while.

Baker paid cons to protect him from the other prisoners.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:53 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,138,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Nope. Not that come to mind.

I left at age 18.
I'm sure that may be it, but I was in St Paul in September and thought it was very nice pretty and the twin cities are great, but I know the weather sucks a good portion of the time...

Old 03-17-2013, 08:24 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,698,756 times
Quote:
I'm sure that may be it, but I was in St Paul in September and thought it was very nice pretty and the twin cities are great, but I know the weather sucks a good portion of the time...
Summers, like most places east of the 100th meridian are hot and sticky, not as bad as the South, but, unpleasant for most westerners.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:44 PM

21,765 posts, read 16,405,318 times
Quote:
Cheating. September is arguably the best month of the year everywhere in N. America. Except for kids who don't like going back to school.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:49 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,725,988 times
They done fixed that back to school in September problem for kids by sending em back in August around here.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:53 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,698,756 times
Quote:
Yeah, I think places like Michigan and the upper Midwest are more humid than DFW. Head east and south from here it gets far worse
You are a better man than I, I spent a year in Boston and it liked to kill me.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:00 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,286,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
That's a strange response, mainly because I wasn't thinking of you when I composed it. But I do appreciate living in a part of the country (California) where a religion that I eschew isn't constantly thrown in my face, as I experienced during my time in de souf. So that does make California superior, in my humble opinion.
That shouldn't be a general statement. I'm Wiccan and I lived in the IE. The zelots are all over the place in the IE and Wiccan groups got invaded by those wishing to covert them and cannot openly invite interested visitors. Where I live now religion is very important, and there are many churches, everything shuts on Sunday etc, .... but its a personal thing. Nobody has ever stopped me and tried to pray for me since I was supporting the 'devil'. And I do wear a pent most of the time.

California is a diverse place, and not all areas, including those in socal, are the same.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:52 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,471,006 times
^ ^ That's a good point and as soon as you start moving away from the lib-rul coastal population centers, things start gettin' pretty ''conservative'' real fast! And even up here in the North Sacto Valley, I still see levels of conservatism that would easily rival the South. Though fortunately the Fundies and the Mormons around here, seem to be too busy most of the time competing with each other over converting new ''souls'', that they usually don't pay much attention to the rest of us ''heathen'' non-believers, Buddhists, New Agers and the like!

Old 03-17-2013, 10:49 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,985,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
That shouldn't be a general statement.
It wasn't a general statement. I'll repeat it for you, with emphasis on the parts that make it not general: "But I do appreciate living in a part of the country (California) where a religion that I eschew isn't constantly thrown in MY face, as I experienced during MY time in de souf. So that does make California superior, in MY humble opinion."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California