Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 07:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,831 times

Advertisements

hey i need help from alabama birmingham moving to modesto ca just want to know how are living expense are they ? and it there alot of crime? thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 08:43 AM

168 posts, read 555,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesfavorite1961 View Post
hey i need help from alabama birmingham moving to modesto ca just want to know how are living expense are they ? and it there alot of crime? thank you.
Can you make a coherent sentence there. Are you asking about living expenses such as gas/electricity/water/housing costs etc? Or other things like food, entertainment, etc?

Old 07-21-2011, 06:01 PM

51 posts, read 94,670 times
Move to a nice neighborhood in Turlock. It's 15 minutes down 99 to Modesto. DON'T LIVE IN MODESTO OR STOCKTON!!!

Old 10-09-2011, 07:46 PM

138 posts, read 572,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMod View Post
BeauCharles.
Thank you so much for reply!
I dont have kids yet but yeah soon will have them.
Any idea on BayArea-MOdesto commute??
And so i assume in term of Buying a House..Oakdale is good place..what about Riverbank.
Sorry if i am asking too many Question
Thanks for Help

I commute from Tracy to South Bay (just about on year now) and the commute is not bad at all, considering the amount of house you can buy and enjoy. I hear alot of people trash Tracy but we have lived here a year now and we love it. Compared to South Bay can't beat real estate prices, and customer sevice is so much better in Tracy because most people speak English, South Bay most retail personnel speak asian or middle eastern, I have no problem with other cultures, just it is frustrating when you need help from a clerk and all they can say is "huh"? over and over - that would be South Bay. Like I said we love Tracy and have no regrets moving here. I say the commute is fine because I leave at 5am and get to work at 6am, pull into secured underground parking, put my seat back with a few pillows and blanket, and sleep until 8am. Same with return home, I either do shopping, errands, etc., or I put on guided meditation tapes and relax until 7pm, and then hit the HOV and am home by 8pm. I call that "me time" and enjoy it. Some would say "ohmygosh I would never do that" then fine don't, I think it is great to have the kind of house we have so close to retirement, so it works for us. Also would rather build my last few years of retirement on South Bay income, not Central valley income. I don't know about Modesto but have been reading the forums because a relative of mine may move there, and though I've driven through Modesto, I much prefer Tracy for ameneties and distance to Bay Area, that is just my opinion. My grandson loves the parks and Mall here in Tracy. Congrats on the job, anytime anyone can get a job that is good news :-)

Old 10-09-2011, 07:48 PM

Wanted to add if you need a good commuter car, if money is tight I really recommend Tracy Hyundai, the best customer sevice I have ever had, and 100,000 warranty. Can't beat the Sonota for mileage and comfort when commuting.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:52 PM

Sorry I spelled Sonata wrong, you can't get a better car for $20,000 if you are on a budget - just my opinion - it is a joy to commute in this car

Hyundai Sonata: Safe Family Cars - Better MPG than Camry or Accord | Hyundai

Old 10-09-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_Estrada View Post
Try Oakdale for a small town feel. As a poster earlier said, the only part of modesto I would ever live in would be the central part simply because the architecture there is gorgeous, but the downside is just too many homeless and crime.

The Bay Area is huge. Commute times vary, however from Modesto to the BART station in Pleasonton/Dublin will run you about 90 minutes to 2 hours during typical morning peak (5 to 9am) and evening will run around the same. During weekends or off-peak, I could get there in 45 minutes. That says enough.

I leave Tracy every morning at 5:00an and get to Dublin/Bart station about 5:30, South Bay at 6:00an (of course there will always be the 5 car pileup with 2 semis jackknifed and therefore a delay) but for the most part if you leave at 5am you can get to South Bay by 6am, anyone that leaves any later is really asking to depreciate their car with stop and go for 2 hours.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:00 PM

17,642 posts, read 22,670,389 times
I explored/boonie camped by the Delta/Mendota Canal. Followed it from Tracy to Firebaugh. We have many wonderful memories of Catchin catfish & Striped Bass with friends, camping together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California