Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:35 PM

64 posts, read 54,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Can you be more specific on what you want? I have no idea where to go to start your own insurance company but if you want to sell home and auto insurance with an existing company, go to their website and apply to be an agent.
I'm thinking of this agent stuff your talking about. My initial plan was to go for healthcare insurance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 01:56 AM

1,264 posts, read 3,860,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottigurl View Post
No I am thinking something more along the lines of insurance where people pay you before you are required to actually give out any services. You know if you have no money you need to be creative.
Quote:
Ya I am thinking of going into the insurance industry but have trouble finding regulations and laws for it, like how much money on hand I have to have for each policy holder and etc..

Why will the county ask to be on my policy?

It seems like an industry where if you get enough policy holders to sign up and pay up front, it is possible to run the business honest and legally (i'm no berny madoff, and one would have to be an idiot to post his plan on a public forum to scam others)

I'm thinking if i can 500 full deposits at 5k a policy holder that I might be able to start an insurance company. I know it would be a lot of work, and I also know a few angel investors who can lend me a couple million if it was needed and i put together a solid business plan but I am in the real early stages here.
Quote:
I'm thinking of this agent stuff your talking about. My initial plan was to go for healthcare insurance
I'm glad you finally figure it out what is workable for you.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:14 PM

10,261 posts, read 12,507,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtar View Post
What are some start up businesses that do not take a large up front investment where you get cash relatively quickly? You know kind of like insurance (where people pay all at once up front for a year) but that do not require you to already have $1 million

get wholesaler ,buying in China

Old 02-15-2010, 07:28 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,266,278 times
Quote:
Not true. I know most insurance companies have less than 10% of what their policy holders can claim because I use to work in a bank
Perhaps in those cases the insurance companies made up for the difference with through reinsurance?

Insurance is one of the last businesses I'd go into given the regulation and existing competition. There are much better ways to make money out there, especially if, as you say, you have several million dollars of potential start-up financing available!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business