Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 09:22 PM

14 posts, read 14,831 times

Advertisements

That names sounds familiar..... Rocco. I think we knew each other in a different life.... Global Cleaning Association or Clean Talk..... maybe not.....?

There are different ways to do it. Personally, I'd not get in to the cleaning business. Although it made me a LOT of money, but I wouldn't do it again. We only did residential but keep in mind if you do commercial you should clean carpet and strip & wax jobs. Windows probably wouldn't hurt either.

Most guys that start an office cleaning business will never make a heck of a lot of money. Just like mowing.... there is a crap load of money to be made in mowing yet lots of guys don't make a lot of money in mowing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 11:24 AM

9 posts, read 7,762 times
SC93, if you made a lot of money in the residential cleaning business, why would you not do it again or recommend it? What were the challenges?

Old 03-16-2017, 05:19 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly4u View Post
If you are good, and reasonable price, you will make money.
Agreed.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:29 AM

748 posts, read 820,060 times
Cleaning can be quite profitable. It's so unglamorous, there's less competition. Nobody really wants to start a janitorial cleaning business, let's be honest.

Mom and pop sized yet still substantial cleaning businesses may be available for sale at reasonable P/E multiples. Think of all the soon to be retirees that need to sell. We aren't talking tech companies here. 2, 3, 4, 5x earnings maybe. That makes it possible to rapidly grow through acquisitions, if financing can be secured as others mentioned on here. Treat it just like a real estate or other cash flow investment business. The numbers on the spreadsheet are what's important. If they can add up to your advantage, with a large degree of safety it's worth doing. It doesn't matter if some of the money is made cleaning toilets, or polishing door knobs on Judge's offices. Money is all the same, what matters is that the cash flows won't just disappear.

Fun fact, Kurt Cobain tried to start a Janitorial business.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:34 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,184,586 times
How do you find customers/clients for these businesses?

Old 03-19-2017, 05:21 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,331,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
How do you find customers/clients for these businesses?

If you deal with Commercial, you do it yourself. Just walk into business and ask if they can use your service. If you belong to a franchise, they can acquire accounts for you and you pay a fee.

Yep, I almost purchases a Janitorial Franchise once. It's easy work, just not glamorous. My cousin used to be a supervisor while in still in school back in the old days and anytime I visited him, we would go from offices to offices cleaning. We didn't have to deal with anyone because it was after hours. Mostly it was in the middle of the night.

Met a fellow a long time ago who did very, very well as a Franchise owner. He now makes very good money where he just collects the money and pay his employees. He is no longer physically involved in the business.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,698 times
How much should i sell a Comercial Cleaning Company doing $125.000. 00 per month in receivables

Old 10-01-2017, 06:09 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,996 times
Long ago, 30 plus yrs ago, I used to date this guy, and in the evening we would go clean banks. It was his Dad's business.
The cleaning consisted of emptying the garbage cans, vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, and some dusting. Wouldn't take us long, then on to the next one.

His dad also was the company that cleaned up after they built the Macy's store here in town.

Sounds like you're wanting to do something on a much larger scale perhaps.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:18 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockville123 View Post
How much should i sell a Comercial Cleaning Company doing $125.000. 00 per month in receivables
Just a guess, but I am going to say it is worth 1-1.4m. About .7-.9 of revenue.

I am sure there are brokers out there that deal with selling these type of businesses that would be able to give you much more accurate information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business