Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 04:32 PM

69 posts, read 187,696 times

Advertisements

True also, but too soon to tell if the changes will continue. Also, would be nice to see Richmond connect itself via commercial/restaurant sites to Elmwood, using one of the cross streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrows View Post
Oh, on the contrary, I think the west side is actually on its way up. It's not as nice as it was when I was a kid, but it's definitely nicer than 5-10 years ago. If your friends actually did buy a two flat near Lafayette HS, I'd say they probably made a good investment (depending what they paid, of course) since I suspect there'll be even more speculation in real estate west of Richmond in the future. The recent commercial development on Grant St seems premature, but I think the residential investments west of Richmond we've seen in the last five years are the real thing. Richmond itself used to be considerably more grimy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 04:51 PM

504 posts, read 1,496,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwebm View Post
True also, but too soon to tell if the changes will continue. Also, would be nice to see Richmond connect itself via commercial/restaurant sites to Elmwood, using one of the cross streets.
Yeah, I try to be careful not to overstate the reinvestment I see on the west side, because we all know nothing changes very fast around here.

Back on the point of the thread, though, I'd consider Richmond a nice street in the Elmwood Village for a family. I know several that live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area