Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:01 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,351,927 times

Advertisements

The Elmwood Village in Buffalo, recently rated as one of the top 5 best urban neighborhoods in the country, consists of something for everyone to live, work, play, and visit. This unique area close to downtown Buffalo, is a thriving commercial and residential district accompanying all of the amnemities a city would have to offer. The city of Buffalo is blessed to have such a growing, thriving community such as Elmwood - featuring the best of architecture, urban parks, art galleries, shops, boutiques, attractions, nightlife, music, festivals, mansions, condos, along with any type of residence of your liking, with a variety of assets to which make city living affordable and exciting.

If you are looking for that special urban place, or are relocating to Buffalo or Western New York, or perhaps even visiting, perhaps come and see for yourself what this incredible community has to offer.

Here are some videos I suggest you watch :

YouTube - Elmwood Village - Buffalo New York

YouTube - Living in the Elmwood Community

Enjoy and share your thoughts and comments on this great urban neighborhood and the city of Buffalo in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 06:09 AM

414 posts, read 1,506,516 times
I love living in the heart of it. Its been a great ten years.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuicide View Post
I love living in the heart of it. Its been a great ten years.
It's hard to beat, isn't it? Awesome that you've lived there for ten years, it is truly one of the great assets to our Buffalo community. And it's growing!

Old 03-14-2009, 04:05 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,785,700 times
Wonderful videos! The Elmwood Village is beautiful as always. Come to think of it, some of those shops look as if they can fit in a town centre in Downeaster Maine (a beautiful part of New England that everyone must visit). It looks so tempting, I really would like to visit Buffalo again sometime this year and see how everything is going.

By the way, does anyone know if the thieves who robbed the candy store on Elmwood some weeks back have been caught yet? I felt really upset after reading about the incident on the online Buffalo News and you should be too. It reminded me of the several holdups in Back Bay (Boston's trendiest neighborhood) last year. I sincerely hope the robbers are caught. These things should not happen in our good neighborhoods but sadly, no place is invulnerable to crime.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Wonderful videos! The Elmwood Village is beautiful as always. Come to think of it, some of those shops look as if they can fit in a town centre in Downeaster Maine (a beautiful part of New England that everyone must visit). It looks so tempting, I really would like to visit Buffalo again sometime this year and see how everything is going.

By the way, does anyone know if the thieves who robbed the candy store on Elmwood some weeks back have been caught yet? I felt really upset after reading about the incident on the online Buffalo News and you should be too. It reminded me of the several holdups in Back Bay (Boston's trendiest neighborhood) last year. I sincerely hope the robbers are caught. These things should not happen in our good neighborhoods but sadly, no place is invulnerable to crime.
I didn't even know that happened. The new candy shop they opened on Elmwood is quite nice. Can Can candy? It is very nostalgic. They have all the old candy and they make great gift baskets too.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:38 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,785,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuicide View Post
I didn't even know that happened. The new candy shop they opened on Elmwood is quite nice. Can Can candy? It is very nostalgic. They have all the old candy and they make great gift baskets too.

It was mentioned on the police blotter in the Buffalo News some two weeks ago. I don't think it was there the last time I checked. I forgot the name of the store but two men supposedly came into the store, stayed an unusually long time at the back of the store, and then pulled firearms on the clerk when the clerk wasn't watching and got away with cash.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:04 PM

602 posts, read 2,035,965 times
Elmwood is probably my favorite neighborhood in Buffalo. Is Edrito's still down there? Their burritos rocked!

Old 03-15-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truemuck View Post
Elmwood is probably my favorite neighborhood in Buffalo. Is Edrito's still down there? Their burritos rocked!
No, they are on hertel now. the owner of that building chases everyone out of there by gouging tennants for rent.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:08 PM

504 posts, read 1,495,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
It was mentioned on the police blotter in the Buffalo News some two weeks ago. I don't think it was there the last time I checked. I forgot the name of the store but two men supposedly came into the store, stayed an unusually long time at the back of the store, and then pulled firearms on the clerk when the clerk wasn't watching and got away with cash.
I doesn't do any good to dwell on it, but these kinds of holdups are fairly common on Elmwood Ave, maybe more common than most people think. I can't tell you just how common, of course, because the Buffalo Snooze search function is awful and the Buffalo Police still haven't got an online crime stats map thing (or have they?). But it seems like I read about a incident like this at an Elmwood Ave business every couple of months.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:26 PM

I haven't heard much about any robberies or crime on Elmwood - from what I know it's pretty unusual, but yet as we all know - every city has crime no matter what part of town, and almost anything can happen at any given time in that particular area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area