Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:38 PM

30 posts, read 126,719 times

Advertisements

So we're going to shop at Wal-Mart in Titusville on Friday the 21st at 8am. As we drive into the parking lot, a black man casually walks up to a woman leaving with her cart and he reaches in it and steals her laptop and another box she just purchased!!! Of course she is screaming and we are shocked! He goes running across the parking lot and we followed him in our car. He got into a large box truck with tomatoes on the side and took off. Wal-Mart had 2 men chasing the truck as well as the woman.
We were going to follow him but he ran the red light and got onto RT 50. I have checked the newspaper but no story about it anywhere that I can find. Wasn't on the news that night either. So I don't know if they caught this thug or not. The police did arrive quickly.
Isn't that a shame you can't even buy something without getting robbed while walking to your car? So be careful as you leave Wal-Mart in Titusville. And this happened in the early morning and sunny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 10:56 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,221,571 times
yikes. that sucks. it's weird but towns like titusville, melbourne, cocoa, kissimmee, etc... small towns in central fla that seems to have a high crime rate. i dont get it really. it's like you cant escape crime in central fla or something.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:55 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,278,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
So we're going to shop at Wal-Mart in Titusville on Friday the 21st at 8am. As we drive into the parking lot, a black man casually walks up to a woman leaving with her cart and he reaches in it and steals her laptop and another box she just purchased!!! Of course she is screaming and we are shocked! He goes running across the parking lot and we followed him in our car. He got into a large box truck with tomatoes on the side and took off. Wal-Mart had 2 men chasing the truck as well as the woman.
We were going to follow him but he ran the red light and got onto RT 50. I have checked the newspaper but no story about it anywhere that I can find. Wasn't on the news that night either. So I don't know if they caught this thug or not. The police did arrive quickly.
Isn't that a shame you can't even buy something without getting robbed while walking to your car? So be careful as you leave Wal-Mart in Titusville. And this happened in the early morning and sunny.

I really think alot of things happen that go unreported on the news because the cops dont have the guy in custody...and the lady in this situation really didnt get hurt so the news doesnt cover that because the cops havent got any whereabouts to where this guy is........that's my guess in this situation......a couple months ago i was on I-drive in Orlando and saw a British tourist running from someone with his buddy but i guess the guy they were running from looked for another victim because i did see the guy from a distance but he went the other way because these British guys were yelling to everyone that someone was trying to rob them and they were pointing in the direction of the guy we saw but as i walked on i lost sight of him......

the news never showed that or alot of other things that ive heard or saw .......

Last week a pizza shop in Premier Outlets food court was robbed by 2 black guys and the Hampton Inn on I-Drive was hit the same night by people with the same description but the news never reported that either.......i heard it from my boss and my boss heard it from one of the Sherrifs that usually come in to out store to get free pizza....they always stop in and give us a headz up when something has happened like a robbery in the area so that we can close our carry-out .........

Just last night we closed our carry-out again because a pizza store was robbed at LBV and the owner of my store owns that store that got robbed and called my boss and told him to close our carryout....and the sherrif came in and told us that a guy working at a convienient store in the area next to our delivery area was shot in a robbery but i havent seen that one on the news either.....so you arent alone in this

Old 09-24-2007, 03:27 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,353,160 times
They don't report it because...

a) the media doesn't have the room/time for it due to all the other crime they have to report.

b) it is downplayed because it will scare off the tourists, which Florida relies on.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:06 PM

well orlando televises the hell outta the crime here, so tourism dollars doesnt seem like much of a concern

Old 09-24-2007, 04:52 PM

Location: Chesterfield in Beautiful Massachusetts, New England
76 posts, read 174,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
yikes. that sucks. it's weird but towns like titusville, melbourne, cocoa, kissimmee, etc... small towns in central fla that seems to have a high crime rate. i dont get it really. it's like you cant escape crime in central fla or something.
Have you been to Cocoa???? That place is a HOLE. Not Cocoa Beach, but Cocoa. Ghetto. And parts of Melbourne, titusville and Palm Bay are crappy too. I lived there for 4 years.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:32 PM

i really dont care much for a lot of central fla from orlando to the east coast to be honest... especially the coastal towns you are talking about, along with daytona bch.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:56 PM

28 posts, read 117,459 times
Default central florida

Well I think it is foolish to think this kind of crime does not happen elsewhere. I lived in CA for awhile..........crime was rampant there in even the good neighborhoods.

I live in Titusville by the way.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:15 PM

it's here just like it's there in california. nobody said it doesnt happen anywhere else, but the truth is, it happens more here than most places.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:28 PM

947 posts, read 3,574,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
They don't report it because...

a) the media doesn't have the room/time for it due to all the other crime they have to report.

b) it is downplayed because it will scare off the tourists, which Florida relies on.

If the media reported on every single robbery and assault in the Orlando-melbourne area, thats al lthe newscasts would be.

Although I didn't get out much, I did watch the local news alot... I don't think Cocoa was THAT bad when I lvied there (I lived just off Hwy 520 just outside of "West Cocoa" just 2 blocks from the Fed Ex facility on the corner of the street)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County