Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 09:01 PM

3 posts, read 5,662 times

Advertisements

Greetings! I just moved to Bozeman in September. Well, actually Belgrade, but it's close enough.

Anyways, I've already landed myself a job, and now I'm trying to find an apartment that's actually in Bozeman, something decent for a decent price. So far, all I can seem to find along the lines of one bedrooms or studios are tiny caves that run about five hundred plus.

Any advice on finding an apartment?

Also, I'm wondering what there is to do in Bozeman for a minor? I see there are a lot of live music shows, which I would be thrilled to attend, unfortunately, most require that you be twenty one. As it's not skiing season yet, that too is out, and I'm not a college student. Any thoughts on entertainment for a young adult in Bozeman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 09:15 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,755,376 times
Do you like to go dancing? Little John's has a 18 and over night once a week (or used to have one, I assume they still do).

Get involved in MSU. Just because you're not a student doesn't mean you can't participate in the activities. They have all kinds of things going on there.

There's lots of things, but meet up with some other people there and they'll show you around. Being 18-20 is a great age, enjoy it.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:22 PM

Really! I've asked a dozen people about dancing but all they could come up with was the Zebra Club. It's refreshing to know there's something for people my age.

Thanks for the info! I have a few friends that are students at MSU but they're not really involved in any activities. At all. Silly students, more intent on actually studying. But I'm sure I can talk them into getting more involved. Heh, sometimes peer pressure can be a good thing. I'll look into it.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:29 PM

Ah...did a lil research and apparently Little John's is closed and has been turned into Mixers. Again, 21+.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:08 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,755,376 times
Sorry for my bad advice. It was probably the most popular place when I was in college, but alas, all goods things must come to an end.

The Zebra is cool.

The frats usually do a few parties each year that are open. I've heard they dance there, but it might be horizontal rather than vertical. I don't think they check IDs very carefully. They won't care if you're a student, or if someone asks, tell them your majoring in English.

Seriously, take a look around on campus someday and look at the posters and see what is out there. The school has a bunch of places where they hang posters and go take a look and see.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:37 AM

1,368 posts, read 6,504,718 times
SUB Underground has free concerts every friday night open to anyone.

Zebra club (Mixers too I think) I have 18+ nights, so you don't have to be 21.

The Frat parties do have dancing, just watch your drink at Pike. Well, watch your drink everywhere actually... but especially at Pike.

And hey, not all of us students are so intent on studying we forget to have fun!

Its getting too cold for hiking, but there might be a few days left.. And yeah, the best way to find out whats happening around Bozeman is to check out the fliers on campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman