Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 10:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,840 times

Advertisements

First of all, if she already has a Section 8 voucher there is no waiting once a landlord agrees to rent to her. She would've already gone through the process of becoming eligible.

Secondly, I don't know Bozeman, but HUD generally doesn't put up with destructive, deadbeat tenants. A call from the landlord to them and they'll investigate forthwith. They care very much about keeping landlords happy and agreeable to the program or there would be none. Non-payment of rent is the easiest way for a tenant to lose their voucher and end up having to re-apply all over again.

I think there are some misconceptions about this and the lady said she was going back to work after recovery from health problems. That doesn't necessarily spell scummy undesirable to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 07:50 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,759,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattail5 View Post
I think there are some misconceptions about this and the lady said she was going back to work after recovery from health problems. That doesn't necessarily spell scummy undesirable to me.
No one on here was saying that this lady was undesireable or scummy. I think all of the information was pointing to the apartments that will take her voucher may be scummy or undesireable, and we thought she'd want something a little nicer than that!

Old 07-22-2008, 01:20 PM

8,094 posts, read 15,179,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattail5 View Post
It's probably not such an issue with Sec.8 tenants in Montana. It's a HUGE problem in California, where there are vastly more scum and deadbeats.

Really, when I moved to SoCal from MT, I was astonished at what a social downgrade it was

Old 07-22-2008, 02:44 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,080,874 times
You went the wrong way my friend ! When are you coming back home !
Picture is of our last sunday Marias River Float.
Attached Thumbnails
Bozeman move? (low-income)-000_0049.jpg  

Old 07-23-2008, 12:22 AM

8,094 posts, read 15,179,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
You went the wrong way my friend ! When are you coming back home !
Picture is of our last sunday Marias River Float.
Heh, you got that right... trouble was, back in 1984 I couldn't make a living in MT. And now I can't find an affordable place in MT where I can also make a living.

I noticed on the real estate dailies that I get, that prices have suddenly shot up around Great Falls and northward (tho they've dropped a little bit around Bozeman, but mainly pieces that have been on the market a long time already or have Serious Usability Issues). This Is Not Good.

Nice float.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:41 PM

15 posts, read 66,385 times
Hi and thanks. Well, I don't know about Bozeman. This time I went there, there were a lot less For Rent signs up. It's a beautiful, clean place compared to Spokane WA but appears to be pretty daunting for housing, unless you have more money than I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman