Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2008, 06:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,919 times

Advertisements

I'll be visiting in about a month to see if I want to move there. A friend recommended Boulder Outlook. Is this a good choice, and if not, can someone recommend something else?

Also, I'm wondering about townhomes there. I'm moving from a SFH in a large city, and really need something better than a condo. I've read the threads, and I get the feeling that housing is considerably more expensive but nothing on townhouses. Can someone give me an idea on how much a townhouse costs and if it's standard to even have garages? I have a new convertible that I bought before I ever decided to move. Is it a crazy idea to bring a convertible with the cold, snow and hail? Even if it is, I suppose I'll bring it regardless.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 06:55 AM

182 posts, read 669,072 times
The Boulder Outlook is not downtown. It is across 28th street from the University. That end of 28th is essentially a highway. The Outlook was a chain motel that has been converted and has developed a good reputation. Public transportation downtown is easy. When we have out of towners in a hotel it is either the Boulderado or the Millenium, so I don't have personal experience with the Outlook but I've heard nothing but positive things about the Outlook- clean, eco-conscious, and pleasant service.

Downtown hotels are the historic Boulderado and the new spa St. Julien.\

I just typed and lost a long reply about your townhouse question. I'm not retyping the whole thing so this will be short. Superior/Gunbarrel have low priced options (1 bedroom $150+k, 2 bedroom $175+k). Here is something in Boulder, walking distance to downtown next to Eben G. Fine park:
http://www.cohomefinder.com/p/80302/601510.htm. You could also spend $1 million to live in a converted mortuary (ick!) shouting distance from Pearl street mall, but I think it's age restricted.

Let us know more about your budget and location needs so that we can give you more specific answers.

Last edited by TropicanaRose; 07-09-2008 at 07:16 AM.. Reason: townhouse question

Old 07-09-2008, 01:28 PM

16 posts, read 47,999 times
If you're looking for reasonable near downtown, I would suggest the Best Western on 28th (right across from the 29th St Mall) or the Marriott which is across the street. They're not right in the heart of Pearl St, but it's close by and near enough.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:27 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,485,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle555 View Post
I'll be visiting in about a month to see if I want to move there. A friend recommended Boulder Outlook. Is this a good choice, and if not, can someone recommend something else?

Also, I'm wondering about townhomes there. I'm moving from a SFH in a large city, and really need something better than a condo. I've read the threads, and I get the feeling that housing is considerably more expensive but nothing on townhouses. Can someone give me an idea on how much a townhouse costs and if it's standard to even have garages? I have a new convertible that I bought before I ever decided to move. Is it a crazy idea to bring a convertible with the cold, snow and hail? Even if it is, I suppose I'll bring it regardless.

thanks
When I first moved here it was in my VW Cabrio which I'd bought in Minnesota (!) so yes, do bring the convertible! You'll have a blast driving it thro the mountains with the roof down and being able to see so much more than the rest of us. Am very envious - I miss my car!

Old 07-09-2008, 05:59 PM

2 posts, read 3,919 times
rose,

thanks for the info. I thought the outlook was closer to downtown. I'll probably rent a car, but if the prices are comparable will want to stay there.

Your photo and the price tag for that condo scared the crap out of me. It's 3 times as expensive as my mini mcmansion and doesn't even compare to the nice townhomes in my area that come with nice fixtures, granite, crown moulding and are again, a fraction of the price. ouch.

I haven't really planned on a budget, but was considering the 1600-2200 range for rent since I doubt I'll want to buy at the prices. I'm not tied to being downtown, esp since it appears a lot more expensive. I'll look into those other hotels.

thanks rocky. I'll call and compare prices.

chilaili, a convertible in minnesota? now that's just crazy. I decided that wherever I go, I'm not leaving my bmw behind. It's entirely too much fun to drive. If I have to get a second beater car for the winter so be it. However, just wondering if I'll be able to find something affordable with a garage. Starting to look doubtful.

Will probably also visit denver for a few days as well to get a feel for it. I remember it being fairly, well, bland. But cheaper. Not as much character as Boulder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area