Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 12:03 PM

15 posts, read 77,597 times

Advertisements

Hello! My husband and I are moving to Boulder this spring/early summer and we are trying to find some nice apartments in the area. We would prefer to live in Boulder but would also consider apartments in the immediate surrounding towns as well (Louisville, etc). I'm really having problems picking out the good apartments from the apartments that *look* nice on the websites but then have bad underlying problems.

Can anyone with experience in the area please point me toward some high-quality apartment complexes?

Here are some of our criteria:
-max. rent per month would be about $1,800
-I'm a very light sleeper, so soundproofing would be important to me. I'd hate to be woken up by neighbors all the time!
-on-site parking spaces would be ideal
-newer, modern living spaces (I've lived in enough dated apartments back in college and want to stick with higher quality touches now).
-pet friendly (we have a cat and want to get a dog after we move)
-proximity to restaurants or parks would be wonderful, if possible
-clean grounds, safe neighborhood

I really like the look of Two Nine North, for example, but all we could afford there would be some of the smallest units. My husband will be working from home so we would prefer to have a separate den or bedroom to use as an office. Something similar to this but a little cheaper would be great.

If anyone has had pleasant experiences living in similar apartments, or know of any places we may be interested in, please help me!

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 12:44 PM

14 posts, read 30,393 times
The Peloton was built to very high standards to limit sound transfer between units. It's VERY quiet and the community building is impressive. Worth checking out.

Shopping from afar is going to be challenging. You really need to be on the ground looking because online photos are misleading. You may want to ask a friend to visit properties or come here and do a site visit.

Violet Crossing might have some places available for rent by the time you're ready. Are you renting for a full year lease or looking for something more shorter term?

Old 02-03-2014, 01:27 PM

We are looking to do a full-year lease. We are definitely planning to come out for a week in the spring to tour the top few apartment complexes, which is why I'm doing this preliminary research to narrow down our options.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:20 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,953,325 times
Have you used padmapper.com? Give that a try, although, I did do quick search and I think you are going to have trouble finding a higher end place for a two bedroom in that price range. There have been a couple of other threads regarding rent in Boulder recently and advice on surround areas. Check them out if you haven't already.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:19 PM

399 posts, read 817,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Kelley View Post

I really like the look of Two Nine North, for example, but all we could afford there would be some of the smallest units. My husband will be working from home so we would prefer to have a separate den or bedroom to use as an office. Something similar to this but a little cheaper would be great.
That was what I was just about to suggest until I read this, lol.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:29 PM

I would still consider Two Nine North if it has a reputation for nice units and good soundproofing. It seems like people are fairly happy with the place.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:19 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,945,461 times
Two Nine North has a few 1 bedroom plans that also have an office, and they are just barely below $1800.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:26 PM

31 posts, read 87,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Kelley View Post
I would still consider Two Nine North if it has a reputation for nice units and good soundproofing. It seems like people are fairly happy with the place.
Two Nine North does not have good reviews at all: Two Nine North - Boulder, CO

Old 02-09-2014, 03:22 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,122,390 times
RE: Two Nine North: I think the location stinks... on a very busy street (30th) surrounded by strip malls, parking lots and a shopping mall.

Last edited by Neditate; 02-09-2014 at 03:56 PM..

Old 02-10-2014, 01:57 PM

434 posts, read 1,118,181 times
If you're willing to travel a bit outside of Boulder (but still have easy access) there's a huge complex with lots of apartments on Wadsworth Parkway in Broomfield called AMLI Arista. My daughters and I were there selling Girl Scout cookies there this past weekend and the residents are a mix from 26 - 55 I'd say and everything inbetween. It was really quiet. They have some small little cafes in the complex, but you can't walk to anything else.

I think I've seen another AMLI development in Superior, maybe at Interlocken? I think that would be walking distance to the restaurants and shops and is closer to Boulder than the Broomfield AMLI.

I briefly looked at apartment complexes in Louisville about a year ago and I don't recall seeing any modern ones at all. Louisville is a nice town, but Lafayette and Broomfield have the same amenities and a better housing stock, IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area