Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 05:39 PM

936 posts, read 2,071,770 times

Advertisements

Doesnt have to be expensive or cheap..just unique. I'm looking for the type of places locals would take their friends/family members who visit from out of town!

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 06:09 PM

73 posts, read 190,912 times
Effrain's mexican food on 63rd st. by Arapahoe is an excellent local hole in the wall you might see on diners,drive ins and dives. Excellent chimi's and the especial rellenos (not the regulars) are garlicky and great !

Old 09-07-2011, 07:46 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,483,739 times
In Boulder I would go to Q's in the Boulderado, plus Wahoo's Fish Tacos, Pasta Jay's and The Kitchen. In Longmont I would go to Sugarbeet or Mike O'Shay's and in Niwot Colterra.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:22 AM

43 posts, read 153,543 times
I'm still a newbie but I really like Laudisio (sp?) on 29th street mall (looks like chain but family run apparently); Lucile's on Walnut; Corner Bar at Boulderado; Ten Ten Bistro on Walnut; Salt on Pearl; Agave on 28th. More to come as I think about it...

Old 09-07-2011, 03:25 PM

205 posts, read 504,233 times
Off the top of my head, I'd add Frasca, Pizzeria Locale, Mountain Sun, West End Tavern, Jax, Chatauqua Dining Hall, Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:47 PM

205 posts, read 504,233 times
A poster on the Denver forum asked about Boulder restaurants. Rather then posting there, I wanted to add to this thread. Here are some of my recommendations with websites. I'll add to this thread going forward too....

Frasca – Pearl between 17th & 18th – Wonderful Italian (Friuli region) fine dining restaurant by Bobby Stuckey and Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson
Frasca Food and Wine / Home

Pizzeria Locale – casual Italian/pizza restaurant by the Frasca owners. http://pizzerialocale.com/

Mountain Sun – Brew pub on Pearl between 15th & 16th. Bring cash; they don’t accept credit cards The Mountain Sun and The Southern Sun Brewery and Restaurant in Boulder Colorado

West End Tavern – Pearl between 9th & 10th - The West End Tavern > Home

Jax – Pearl between 9th & 10th next door to the West End - Jax Fish House Boulder | Fish & Oyster Bar in Denver, Boulder, and Ft. Collins CO

Chautauqua Dining Hall – Baseline between 9th & 10th The Colorado Chautauqua Association - Chautauqua Dining Hall - Overview

Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse – 13th between Arapahoe and Canyon. The food is good, but the star attraction here is the building. It was handcrafted by people from one of Boulder’s sister cities and sent as a gift. Even if you don’t eat a meal here, it’s worth stopping in for a cup of tea or snack, just to see the building. Boulder Teahouse Restaurant

Lucile's on 14th between Pine and Spruce – very good for breakfast. This is the original Lucile’s. Home

Salt on Pearl – Casual restaurant owned by the same chef who owns Colterra in Niwot. SALT the Bistro | Boulder Pearl Street Restaurant | Local and Organic Food
Colterra’s website is - Colterra

Agave – Mexican on 28th near Valmont - Agave

The Kitchen Pearl at 10th - The Kitchen - Front Page

If you like to eat or drink during Happy Hour, here’s a site to check out too. If there’s a restaurant that you’re interested in, let me know and if I’ve eaten there or someone I know has, I’ll let you know what I think or have heard.

Happy Hour Boulder I Home

Old 12-07-2011, 11:58 PM

39 posts, read 67,747 times
Default Pizza Calore Illegal Pete's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowen View Post
Doesnt have to be expensive or cheap..just unique. I'm looking for the type of places locals would take their friends/family members who visit from out of town!

Thanks!
Three of our fav places is Pizza Calore across from the Courthouse on Pearl (great pizza there and a kinda shabby chic dining room in the back), Illegal Pete's at 15th and Pearl end of mall, and on Broadway and Arapahoe just over the Boulder Creek Bridge in Central Park is a fun place called Mustard's Last Stand, we love to get food there and eat right by the creek in the park on warm days. Best of all (IMO) more expensive places are The Boulderado restaurants and Cheesecake Factory. If you like crepes? There is a good crepe restaurant on Broadway just a block or two north of Pearl St. opens real late on weekends and after 10 pm or so a gyro stand/cart opens on Pearl and 11th and those are great. The Pub by Chicagos Pizza has good specials but no room to eat there unless it's warm and you can eat on their patio, and of course Chicagos pizza is good. Down Pearl west of the mall on around 10th and 9th is some good places to eat, a local fav is Pasta Jays. We came here last March and we had a lot of fun walking Pearl in the summer and looking at their restaurant menus posted in front of each place to see what looked best to us. That in itself is pure enjoyment, like a food treasure hunt.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-08-2011 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: Changed "south" to "west" per poster.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:17 AM

2,075 posts, read 5,129,205 times
For delicious BBQ: The Rib House @ 1801 13th between Canyon & Walnut The Rib House | Best Ribs | Boulder and Longmont, Colorado

Old 12-08-2011, 10:14 AM

12 posts, read 17,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neditate View Post
For delicious BBQ: The Rib House @ 1801 13th between Canyon & Walnut The Rib House | Best Ribs | Boulder and Longmont, Colorado
Ned,

The Rib House vs Wild Mountain in Nederland. BBQ wise, who wins?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area