Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 11,083 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I am moving to Colorado in 2 weeks to start a job in Boulder. I'd like to live somewhere between Boulder and Denver, perhaps Westminster or North Denver. As a single professional in my late 20's, I'd like to live near restaurants, parks (i have a dog), social activities and events, not too suburbia. Any thoughts about Westminster? Any places I should avoid in Denver? Neighborhoods I should look into? I'd like to stay under $1000. Also, I'd like to be near the bus route that goes from Denver to Boulder. What is it called? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 08:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
I"d suggest looking in Boulder first. Louisville, Lafayette and Superior are close-in to Boulder but very family oriented. As I've said before, about the only single people you'll meet in Louisville are single parents. Broomfield is another possibilty. Westminister is fine; it's just getting a little farther. I know there are plenty of apts in Westy that are well under $1000/mo.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:19 PM

50,906 posts, read 24,413,204 times
You also ought to take a look at Golden.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:40 AM

7 posts, read 17,279 times
If your working in Boulder find a place nearby. Central Boulder is somewhat expensive but being walking distance to all the activities and people is nice. Table Mesa, Superior north Boulder are a bit more affordable and within 5 miles of downtown. You can find privacy up one of the canyons or further out of town if that is your thing. Boulder is the ultimate town for singles your age...lots to do, lots of colorful people. It'll be much easier to meet people if you live in town.
The bus your referring to is probably RTD. The drive into town during rush hour or college football games can be bumper to bumper.
D

Last edited by WildernessAU; 11-14-2010 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: add text

Old 11-17-2010, 02:25 AM

2 posts, read 11,083 times
Thanks everyone for your reply. Wilderness AU, I have narrowed my search down to Westminster, Broomfield or Superior. I know Broomfield and Superior are touching, so I kind of lump those two together, as far as the apartment complexes that I am considering. Any thoughts on those places? Thanks for letting me know the bus line name.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:02 AM

625 posts, read 1,390,781 times
Future18 - I'm curious, not that I 'm a super fan of Boulder, but if you're working here and can spend up to $1,000, why not live in Boulder? Great amenities in terms of places to go out, bike trails & hiking if that's your thing, parks for the dog. Boulder has an excellent bike trail system and very good bus coverage which your employer may pay for if either is important.

The communities you mention are very suburban, and if you're thinking you'd like to be closer to Denver, you may find it's enough of a hassle to get to the RTD B or BX line from the communities you mention that it actually takes less time to go to Denver from Boulder - there's very little development along the bus line itself.

One good option would be to look in the Table Mesa area of Boulder, b/c you'll be right at the south end of town and there is an express bus that takes you right to downtown Denver from Table Mesa Park n Ride. I find if you live in central/north Boulder you need to add 15 minutes to the bus ride just to ge thru town. Just a suggestion.

Many younger people I know live in Denver, b/c they don't want to be in the Boulder "bubble" or want to be able to go out without all the college students around, but I personally don't want to do the commute every day (plus wanting to come up here on a weekend to hike).

There is a new development called Arista in Broomfield that IS right on the bus line and is midway between Boulder and Denver. But it seems like living in a lifestyle mall to me.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:56 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,378,233 times
I would live in Boulder, personally. Or Denver. The other areas you mention (and this is my opinion, as a 28 year-old professional) seem to be very family-oriented and I worry that you would have trouble meeting other single young professionals or even people to be friends with. Again, just my opinion.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:29 AM

26,231 posts, read 49,100,094 times
Now that this search has narrowed down to the Boulder area, it's been moved to the Boulder forum.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area