Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 05:05 PM

3 posts, read 4,164 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I will be working in Lafayette. Most of the time, it will be me and my fiance but if he is away, I want to feel secure going to/from car at night. Looking for a nice apartment (ideally, that means @$1500-$1600 or less, secure, quiet - i.e., not a de facto dormatory). I was only there briefly but really liked the energy of downtown Boulder and access to shops/restaurants. (I just really want to avoid living in a complex that is filled with college students -- love ya but, been there done that.) I drove through Louisville where I understand that there is a Whole Foods, access to great shopping, nice developments, etc. Lafayette seemed a little desolate but I would sacrifice a lot if it means avoiding a bananas commute in the AM and a lot of space in the way of townhouse in a safe, newish development.

I am not trying to spend, e.g., $2000+ a month just to live in a quiet complex -- accordingly, I'm calling on you all to tell me if my wish list is ridiculous. (I saw a couple of things online that were exorbitantly expensive -- like they were just waiting for desperate out of towners.) If I had a view of the foothills, that would be total icing but, not a priority over the other stuff mentioned above.

Many thanks.

Last edited by A LIL HELP PLEASE; 02-24-2014 at 05:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 02:29 PM

14 posts, read 30,410 times
Uptown Broadway and Holiday Neighborhood. I live here, it's relatively safe though the homeless shelter is nearby. Far fewer college students than downtown and far less expensive to buy or rent. A handful of restaurant options keep things interesting. Downtown is only a bus ride and 15 minutes away (and the buses run frequently).

By the way, Boulder has effectively zero percent vacancy for rentals. $2000/month for downtown or new build is not unreasonable for this market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area