Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2022, 04:44 PM

30,906 posts, read 37,017,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmass View Post
So much hate. If I'm vaccinated but opposed to government overreach and discrimination I'm an anti-vaxxer?
"Anti-vaxxer" is the new weaponized phrase thrown at anyone who questions policies advocated for by the Big Pharma owned mainstream media or put in place by Big Pharma owned government officials.

I can't believe people are in such a state of fear that they do not see the obvious manipulation by Big Pharma.

Old 01-20-2022, 05:43 PM

337 posts, read 269,487 times
Question - when do you guys realistically think these measures might be lifted? Is there a tentative lift date, or no?

Old 01-20-2022, 06:44 PM

5,123 posts, read 2,698,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
You seem to forget that during the 1800s, when we did have the Constitution and Bill of Rights that health authorities *did* forcefully vaccinate some people and quarantine others who were exposed to disease, prohibiting them from leaving their house and prohibiting anyone new from entering.

You could say we have evolved -- being asked to show a card before entering a place where one desires to go is much less intrusive on individual liberty than we saw earlier. So the constitutional argument falls short.
Your comparison falls far shorter. Disease ≠ Disease. The diseases in your example don't compare to what we're dealing with here. We also did a lot of other things in the 1800's that we don't do today, and for very good reasons.

Old 01-20-2022, 07:01 PM

12,924 posts, read 22,090,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayei View Post
Question - when do you guys realistically think these measures might be lifted? Is there a tentative lift date, or no?
I haven’t seen a tentative date published anywhere. My guess would be early March. Possibly even mid-February. The appetite for the vaccine requirement isn’t great now in the midst of the surge so I’d wager some of the tolerance of it now will disappear when reported cases are low and hospitalizations/deaths are on the decline. And from a PR standpoint, the Mayor’s Office can make loose claims about how it was successful because it helped to prevent the hospitals from being overrun (not saying I believe this, just saying that’s the spin). Id be really surprised if it lasted much longer than that.

Old 01-20-2022, 08:45 PM

337 posts, read 269,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I haven’t seen a tentative date published anywhere. My guess would be early March. Possibly even mid-February. The appetite for the vaccine requirement isn’t great now in the midst of the surge so I’d wager some of the tolerance of it now will disappear when reported cases are low and hospitalizations/deaths are on the decline. And from a PR standpoint, the Mayor’s Office can make loose claims about how it was successful because it helped to prevent the hospitals from being overrun (not saying I believe this, just saying that’s the spin). Id be really surprised if it lasted much longer than that.
I hope so. It's weird because the later phases seem to extend into late spring. I have at least a couple friends who are impacted by it and it's impacting their mental health quite a bit. I think it's far too heavy handed, and not effective enough to justify it.

Old 01-20-2022, 08:47 PM

113 posts, read 77,902 times
This has been an interesting thread to read. It’s also one of the most inane I have ever come across on this site. How come nobody mentions the fact that we are hoarding resources (vaccines, etc.) in this country while millions upon millions of people in the less-developed world have yet to even gain access to those same resources? Isn’t that a bit of an issue, or do people just not care? And if we’re so in fear of the healthcare system in this state being overwhelmed, why aren’t we re-opening the field hospitals to deal with that issue? And why is it that the people who are the most afraid (and most in favor of authoritarian vaccine mandates/passports and mask rules) seem also to be the ones who are the most protected (triple-vaxed, masking up by themselves in their cars, seeking out testing for no real reason, etc.).

Now, if you want to live in a bubble, fine by me. I don’t care really. I think it’s unfortunate for you but whatever, we’re all on our own journey with this thing I guess. If you want to go around afraid and paranoid and suspicious of people who aren’t meeting you at your level of neuroticism, that’s not my thing, but again: whatever. You can be that way. Just don’t tell me I also have to be that way. The people who are 100% guided by their fear and latent impulses toward authoritarian rule need to get a freaking grip.

Old 01-20-2022, 08:48 PM

266 posts, read 237,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
In my small sample size it’s been sporadically enforced. I got a haircut yesterday and it wasn’t requested. My gym asked for it. We went to two breweries and a restaurant on Monday and both the restaurant and one of the breweries asked (the hosts in both cases). The other brewery did not. In any case, it’s super easy to just show the digital certificate. I think for places that already use bouncers, hosts, etc. it’s not a hard transition. For other businesses it’ll be trickier.
*super easy for serfs

Old 01-20-2022, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I agree...a TSA rule should have been put in place a while ago. It's not about safety *on the plane* IMO, it's about curbing the proliferation and spread that comes from unvaxxed folks traveling across country.
I strongly oppose this and feel it is a Nazi type regulation to try and segregate society into two classes of people one of whom is considered a potential virus carrier

Old 01-20-2022, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I am not sure exactly what transpired at Reginas but it seems pretty ridiculous that any type of violence over masks should occur. If someone was that upset just leave.

I was at Santapios on Sunday for lunch and no such issues occurred. We wore the masks in them wore them out. Wasn’t that difficult. No one asked for my vaccine passport or card either.
If Jews were so upset about bring called virus carriers why didn’t they just leave Germany?

Old 01-20-2022, 09:01 PM

If I remember right, covid-shot-cards will be required of kids soon. Even according to governments own stats, risk of covid for kids is incredibly low. Even if you think the risk of side effects on kids is low, it’s still higher than the actual risk of covid itself.

Can someone please speak to the morality of forcing this shot on kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston