Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2012, 11:42 AM

2 posts, read 4,580 times

Advertisements

Looking for some help on getting a better understanding to the Boston area! I just accepted a position working for one of the pro sports teams. I'm relocating from maryland and have no clue what to expect or where to live. I'm sure with my budget having a roommate would definitely help the search. I know some people who lived in the Back Bay and North End and they loved it but it tends to get pricey. Any help is appreciated!

-Want to rent either studio
-Budget: 850-1100
-I would like to have access to nightlife since I don't really know many people there
-Safety is definitely important, though i understand it is a city and everywhere you need street smarts
-Would prefer not to bring a car.

What neighborhoods might be a good fit if I was just looking for a studio? Would I be able to afford North end or Back Bay with a roommate?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 06:46 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,052,273 times
You left out one important piece of information . . . where are you commuting to? Fenway? Foxboro? The Garden? Someplace else maybe?

Old 12-09-2012, 09:02 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,808,390 times
If you're willing to spend up to $1100/month, you can easily afford a nice place in any Boston neighborhood with a roommate. If you're going to go it alone, things can get tricky and that will limit the amount and quality of places available to you for a 1 bed.

The Back Bay and North End are both popular places to live and also great places to live. Centrally located, near a large amount of bars, restaurants, shopping, etc.

As another poster mentioned, which team will you be working for? That will help give you a better idea. Since you don't want to bring your car, I am going to guess the Patriots and Revolution are out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: