Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 06:20 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,565,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Hose all you want.
Um, sir, or ma'am, this is a PG-13 area.....

Old 03-30-2010, 08:39 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,265,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Um, sir, or ma'am, this is a PG-13 area.....
You're the one threatening to get out the hose if we all don't read your religious book.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:35 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,435,815 times
Ok folks - please keep this thread limited to the discussion of this book. If you would like to discuss religion in general, please visit the "Religion" section of the forum. Thank you

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-30-2010, 09:46 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,455,230 times
Odd how the book is a publish-on-demand at Amazon, and has no reviews yet, much less any media reviews or scholarly reviews. Also interesting how much the OP's style resembles the puff on the book's Amazon page, presumably written by the author.

In any case, no book can prove that a deity exists, therefore this book cannot. A book might demonstrate some situation in science, but that still wouldn't prove that a god existed. Now, if the rapturous declamation was simply that the book showed evidence of a divine hand, that would be one thing (though still a matter of opinion and faith). But prove it, that it can't. And if it did, truly did, I suspect at least someone would have reviewed it on Amazon at least, or be talking about it in the media. I mean, proving a god's existence, that's a big deal. Doesn't happen every day.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:07 PM

48 posts, read 65,763 times
What do you mean the OP's style resembles the puff on the book's?

Maybe its because I read the book. But I will surely take the credit and then some!

You know it is a funny thing though. I come from the same home town as the author. Apparently a good friend of mine bought the book at one of the authors book signings in town and passed it along to me to read since my friend knows I have a incredible desire for anything that involves religion. Additionally, my pastor has also somehow acquired the book.

I think I have the answer to your question about the Amazon listing. It was just recently listed on Amazon, I did a google search and found the info at the website that the author participates on. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you can read about it being just recently listed on Amazon

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000151

Now as to the book authenticity and credibility. I found it undeniable! The evidence is clearly visible from illustrative diagrams. The book shows pictures of things in nature such as trees, plants, crystals, snowflakes, insects, animals, humans, basically all living things and reveals how their mathematical units of growth; such as Pi and Fibonacci sequence as well as other mathematical units all work around the Golden Spiral which is a microcosm of the spiral arms of our universe. The author goes to the extremes of employing this mathematical unit from nature by bending a wire around the first Hebrew letter of the bible starting in Gen. 1 and getting one model form. Now with this one form that spirals the author shows how it takes shape into all the letters of the Hebrew alphabet, and as the author claims is divine design.

Now once you understand this concept of what the primordial language is, the author takes the reader to a whole other level by explaining that if divine design exists then that cancels out all theories of evolution, oh boy and was that chapter a doozy packed with indisputable evidence to boot. Then the author shows how this language is linked to Egypt, the great pyramid of giza and amazing star constellations. As the last chapter roles around the author goes onto stab the reader in the eye with scriptural evidences and scares the living heck out of you with prophesies that have already transpired and the future ones that you can rest assure will also transpire. There is also a chapter on the bible codes and uncanny descriptions and symbols related to the illuminati and Egypt, and a slew of other information that I have never read or heard about before in my entire lifetime. I don’t know how the author made such connections or got this information, it is just so unbelievable. When I say this book is amazing, I am not kidding, it is literally amazing!

I really wish somebody else here has had the opportunity to read this book so that I can discuss it with them. Though I realize it is a new book and just came out so others may not know about it yet.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:32 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,455,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookreader2010 View Post
What do you mean the OP's style resembles the puff on the book's?
That was the politest possible way of saying that both sounded rapturously manic. The OP would be you, as in 'original poster'. The 'puff' is a literary industry term for a 'review' or fragment thereof that is intended to gush. Authors give each other puffs as favors. For self-published books, often the author has to author his or her own puffs, since no one prominent owes him or her a solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookreader2010 View Post
I don’t know how the author made such connections or got this information, it is just so unbelievable.
From what you've described, and given that the Vatican is not immediately touting this book to the skies as the long-sought proof of their deity's existence, that last clause is one I can completely accept.

Sounds to me like the only people to whom this book proves anything are those who already believe it and need no proof. Well, that and it sounds like the book causes rapturously manic episodes in some. But hey, seems as though the book made you deliriously, mind-blowingly, deliciously ecstatic. Maybe the Vatican will get hold of it and consider it so important they will buy copies for everyone who wants one.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:11 PM

48 posts, read 65,763 times
I think the Vatican does need to examine this book. I’m sure that it will eventually find its way there.

There are things about the illuminati and sacred knowledge that is also in the book. One of the things is that the Hebrew letter aleph is found within the great pyramid. There is also the air shafts in the great pyramid matching up with the star constellations that revolve around seven stars that form a letter G pattern. The same letter G pattern that is found within the masons compass. Many people think that this letter G represents god, but it is actually the recession of seven stars above the great pyramid. There is more to understanding this and I’m not really qualified to explain it.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:21 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,206,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Odd how the book is a publish-on-demand at Amazon, and has no reviews yet, much less any media reviews or scholarly reviews. Also interesting how much the OP's style resembles the puff on the book's Amazon page, presumably written by the author.
Also interesting that all 10 posts on four or five different threads and different forums are promoting this book.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:32 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,435,815 times
I think this thread has run its course...

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books