Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2007, 02:30 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,782,920 times

Advertisements

I couldn't find any other threads for this, I was surprised, so I made my own. How do you think its going to end?

I think Snape and Albus D too polyjuice potion and switched places, and snape died, after all, they did not kill Gandalf in LOR. I have no idea how they are going to kill off Voldemorte,
I think Hermioni will marry Ron. Harry will die in while locking wands with voldemorte. What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 08:40 AM

10,235 posts, read 15,949,868 times
I only know Harry Potter through the movies but if someone does die, my gut feeling is that it's Ron. They will not kill the only major female character. So Harry still doesn't have a girl yet? Harry Potter is supposed to be young people/teens and it would not make sense to have the main character die. This isn't 24 or Armageddon. But I'm not familar with British books or movies. Do the Brits tend to tolerate non-happy endings more than Americans? I personally will hate a movie if I expected a happy ending and didn't get one, for example Million Dollar Baby. (Armageddon was a rare exception). If you know the ending is a toss-up or know it will be bad then I don't really mind like Titantic or Saving Private Ryan or THe Departed.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:04 AM

304 posts, read 1,431,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
I couldn't find any other threads for this, I was surprised, so I made my own. How do you think its going to end?

I think Snape and Albus D too polyjuice potion and switched places, and snape died, after all, they did not kill Gandalf in LOR. I have no idea how they are going to kill off Voldemorte,
I think Hermioni will marry Ron. Harry will die in while locking wands with voldemorte. What do you guys think?
Oh good...a Harry Potter thread!

If someone hasn't read the 6th book and doesn't want to be spoiled....please read no further of my theories....

As much as I would like to think that Dumbledore is still alive somehow, I am thinking he is really dead. I don't think Snape wanted to kill Dumbledore, and that when Dumbledore pleaded with him before his death, it wasn't to plead for Snape to spare him, but maybe for Snape to not blow his cover with the Death Eaters. I wouldn't be surprised if we still see Dumbledore in one of those pictures in the headmaster's room (the pictures of previous headmasters that can talk and move from picture to picture).

I think Hermione and Ron will come out of this okay. I'm not sure about Ginny though. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Harry will survive, but I'm not convinced he won't have to sacrifice himself when he brings down Voldemort. I am also worried about Hagrid's fate. I think Peter Pettigrew will have to repay his debt to Harry, since Harry spared his life. I wouldn't be surprised if he pays his debt with his life.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:38 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,782,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefs fan View Post
Oh good...a Harry Potter thread!

If someone hasn't read the 6th book and doesn't want to be spoiled....please read no further of my theories....

As much as I would like to think that Dumbledore is still alive somehow, I am thinking he is really dead. I don't think Snape wanted to kill Dumbledore, and that when Dumbledore pleaded with him before his death, it wasn't to plead for Snape to spare him, but maybe for Snape to not blow his cover with the Death Eaters. I wouldn't be surprised if we still see Dumbledore in one of those pictures in the headmaster's room (the pictures of previous headmasters that can talk and move from picture to picture).

I think Hermione and Ron will come out of this okay. I'm not sure about Ginny though. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Harry will survive, but I'm not convinced he won't have to sacrifice himself when he brings down Voldemort. I am also worried about Hagrid's fate. I think Peter Pettigrew will have to repay his debt to Harry, since Harry spared his life. I wouldn't be surprised if he pays his debt with his life.
Thats in interesting observation about dumbledore being in the pictures. Maybe he will be more help in death than in life (Obe One Kenobi heping Luke after his death).

Old 05-18-2007, 10:15 AM

1,174 posts, read 5,905,046 times
As was described in the previous books, the pictures are just enchanted. They do not hold the souls of the departed like a horcrux.

Snape was bound to help Malfoy whether he wanted to or not. In any event, Snape has made his choice. He's either with the Death Eaters or dead. Dumbledore erred in trusting Snape and paid for it with his life; not realizing until the last few seconds of his life that he'd made a terrible mistake.

Nope, Harry, Ron, and Hermoine are on their own in this one. While I'm sure McGonegall is a powerful and wise ally, she is no Dumbledore.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:50 PM

304 posts, read 1,431,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Els View Post
As was described in the previous books, the pictures are just enchanted. They do not hold the souls of the departed like a horcrux.

Snape was bound to help Malfoy whether he wanted to or not. In any event, Snape has made his choice. He's either with the Death Eaters or dead. Dumbledore erred in trusting Snape and paid for it with his life; not realizing until the last few seconds of his life that he'd made a terrible mistake.

Nope, Harry, Ron, and Hermoine are on their own in this one. While I'm sure McGonegall is a powerful and wise ally, she is no Dumbledore.
Speaking of horcuxes, what is everyone's opinion on the theory floating around that Harry (or his scar) is a horcrux?

Old 07-20-2007, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefs fan View Post
Speaking of horcuxes, what is everyone's opinion on the theory floating around that Harry (or his scar) is a horcrux?
I don't think Harry's scar is a horcrux because in the sixth book, I think, that Dumbledore tells Harry that he thinks that Harry was going to the his 7th horcrux with his death. But since Harry survived he never became a horcrux. The scar is a marking from his survival of the crucio (sp) curse.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:19 PM

617 posts, read 2,823,598 times
Some of you are partly right, some of you are completely wrong. I just finished the book..... won't spoil it for you though.... nice try guessing everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books