Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2008, 09:39 PM

23 posts, read 98,691 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
My husband is going to be attending school in the Boisie area, and we need to know where to live.
We will be looking for a NICE, clean apartment near Caldwell and would like some input from folks in the area.
We have a 4 year old boy and want to live in a nice, safe neighborhood that is still relatively affordable.
We know nothing of the area and could use a few pointers on where to look for something nice and affordable (not cheap).
I've actually heard that there is gang activity in the area??? and would definitely like to stay well clear of that. We are from Montana and thought Idaho was pretty much the same, but we could be wrong. The only gang activity in Montana, really, is gang-banger high school kids playing like they're tough....Yarg.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 10:41 PM

77 posts, read 272,596 times
I don't know if you had your heart set on an apartment, but I'm sure that
you could rent a very nice house in Caldwell for the price of a very nice apartment.

There are a quite a few very nice apartment residences in West Nampa. Orchard Place is one that comes to mind. I visited some friends there once and was really impressed it's elegance and cleanliness.

And yeah, like any city in Montana, there are
"gang banger high school kids playing like they're tough" in Idaho.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the post.
My husband is a student, I'm a stay at home mom. Sooo....needless to say we don't have a lot of money.
Currently we pay 550/mo for a nice, clean (yet small) 2 bedroom apartment. We need to stay in this price range. Maybe going up to 650/mo if we need to.
There aren't really any bad "scary" neighborhoods in Helena, Montana, so we don't need to worry about crime, gangs, etc. because it is such a small town. Moving to a larger area, I'm a little nervous about finding something so inexpensive yet nice in a "not scary" neighborhood. It's not that I have my heart set on an apartment but a house would probably be out of the question in our price range. We are just hoping to get something clean and safe in a decent neighborhood. I've heard of Orchard Place...going to check that out.
Thanks for the input, though. And thanks for the city info link for Nampa.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:55 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,898,220 times
There are neighborhoods to avoid in Caldwell, I'm not sure where they are, while it isn't LA it isn't as quaint as people would like you to believe. There is gang activity in Caldwell beyond punk highschool kids.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:54 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,098,965 times
If your husband is attending school in the Boise area you should probably look to find a place in the Boise area.

There are apartments to be found in the 500-700 range, and you'd save yourself a heck of a commute to and from class.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:57 AM

Thanks for the response
The school is actually in Caldwell, so if we live in Caldwell, there won't be a commute. Nampa and Meridian are also options. If we lived in Boise we would have a commute.
Any good neighborhoods in Caldwell that are inexpensive yet not scary?

Old 03-01-2008, 05:45 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,898,220 times
If you visit, you will be able to tell if it is a bad neighborhood or not.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:00 PM

77 posts, read 272,596 times
Oh, actually, there is a nice apartment building next to Fairview Golf Club in central Caldwell. Yeah, that's a definite place to check out.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:03 AM

879 posts, read 2,863,359 times
Well, I think you'll probably enjoy the Boise Area and its opportunities but don't come in thinking it is the same as Montana. I worked with a family that moved from Bozeman to Boise (Eagle, specifcally) and they were gone in six months. They simply found the area to be too busy for their tastes. However, if you stay in West Valley (live and work) you're experience will probably be a little bit more on the lines of Montana.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,508 times
My Parents have a rental that just became available. It is in Caldwell by the hospital and the Fairview Golf Course. It is a 3 (possible 4) bedroom house with 1 bath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area