Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 06:42 PM

284 posts, read 614,048 times

Advertisements

Just over a year ago I was welcomed on this page and told all about what a wonderful area Boise really is. It's with a very sad heart that my husband and I will be saying goodbye to this area in just a few days.

The area and people have all exceeded my expectations. I've made some wonderful friends one of which I met right here on this forum. The call of "family" and the call for my husband to go in a different direction career wise has proven to be too strong. We've experienced the Treasure Valley during all for seasons and got a really good taste for all things "valley."

Boise/Meridian will always hold a very special place in my heart. It was home for 1 year of my western adventure. I wish all in this area the absolute best! Take care of yourselves and this beautiful land!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 07:19 PM

69 posts, read 143,786 times
good luck on your next adventure

Old 11-18-2013, 07:47 PM

264 posts, read 910,090 times
Was the transition from South difficult ? What were some of the things you found toughest coming from the South ?

We live in NC and have thought about Boise but we love our freinds here. Any cultural differences you share would be appreciated.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:08 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,501,818 times
Best of success to you all. Sometimes the gravity well is too strong, and one just has to go with it.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:32 AM

129 posts, read 372,532 times
Good luck on your next move. Think of it as an adventure! So many beautiful places to visit and live throughout this great world we live in.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:14 AM

11 posts, read 24,086 times
Good Luck and thank you for all of your insight into Boise as you transitioned! Take care!

Old 11-19-2013, 10:32 AM

157 posts, read 358,433 times
We met because of this board and our love of taking pictures. I wish you the best! I will miss you!! I will never forget our trip down the Payette River, or photographing the baby owls, eagles, kestrels and red tailed hawk. Take care, safe travels and keep in touch VeeBee66!

Old 11-19-2013, 12:07 PM

284 posts, read 614,048 times
I didn't think the transition from the south was difficult at all. Cultural differences? People are more "live and let live" in my opinion around here. Very much more laid back. I believe we fit in nicely. LOL, I did get asked quite a few times where I was from because of my Southern accent. Again, I love it here but we need to be closer to our families, these $800-$1k trips back east are hard to do and we've only done it when we HAD to. I haven't been back to the south this last year.

Lesharona, I have very much enjoyed the time we've spent together exploring this area. It has been the best! That rafting trip is something that I will never, ever forget. You know I'll keep in touch, Facebook makes it so easy.

Thanks to you all for your help over the last year or so and for the well wishes. Enjoy this GEM of a place you all live.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:27 PM

156 posts, read 276,836 times
I live in Georgia now and cannot wait until the Summer when we move to Boise. I'd rather live in a van down by the river in Boise than a mansion in Buckhead, Atlanta. Hate to see you go.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:19 PM

69 posts, read 274,466 times
God bless you all in your future endeavors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area