Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 08:20 AM

8 posts, read 37,039 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Well, my wife and I have finally made a trip to check out the Boise area. We've been to the area a few times in the past to visit or drive through, but this time we're looking at settling down here and have different goggles on if you know what I mean. I posted the following a few months back, and sure to my word, will continue to update so future pioneers to the area may have an easier path - hey, like the Oregon Trail...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/boise...boise-but.html

At this point we're tossing ideas between the between Boise and Meridian area. Here's the breakdown, I'm a chiropractor/acupuncturist/nutritionist and my wife is a personal trainer/coach. From what we've found, Meridian is more the family oriented/bedroom community and Boise is the business/place to do things community.

Putting it blunt, for my business livelihood, my ideal demographic is a married female, 30-55 years old with children, has her own income/money to spend, and is into health.

Based on that, any input between the two areas. I was thinking Meridian, around southern Eagle, to northwest Boise would be a good area to look. One of my fears of Meridian before visiting the area was the LDS influence, being that we aren't LDS, but from what we've seen, there doesn't seem to be a big one there.

Any input would be great.

Thanks,
jj
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 11:08 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,637,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbarnone View Post
Hi All,

Well, my wife and I have finally made a trip to check out the Boise area. We've been to the area a few times in the past to visit or drive through, but this time we're looking at settling down here and have different goggles on if you know what I mean. I posted the following a few months back, and sure to my word, will continue to update so future pioneers to the area may have an easier path - hey, like the Oregon Trail...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/boise...boise-but.html

At this point we're tossing ideas between the between Boise and Meridian area. Here's the breakdown, I'm a chiropractor/acupuncturist/nutritionist and my wife is a personal trainer/coach. From what we've found, Meridian is more the family oriented/bedroom community and Boise is the business/place to do things community.

Putting it blunt, for my business livelihood, my ideal demographic is a married female, 30-55 years old with children, has her own income/money to spend, and is into health.

Based on that, any input between the two areas. I was thinking Meridian, around southern Eagle, to northwest Boise would be a good area to look. One of my fears of Meridian before visiting the area was the LDS influence, being that we aren't LDS, but from what we've seen, there doesn't seem to be a big one there.

Any input would be great.

Thanks,
jj
I live in this area you are considering. It is a nice higher income area, and homes can run a little high in price. Traffic can get bad around rush hours.

Your biggest problem will be finding employment, if you do not have anything set up.

Being non-LDS, is not a issue.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:35 PM

8,495 posts, read 8,783,634 times
Between Boise (as a whole city), Meridian and Eagle there is not much difference in average age, at least using the 2000 Census. Looks like about around 37% of women are between 30-55 years old in each place. The national average is right about there too. Eagle might be a little higher.

About 70% of adults are currently married in Meridian and Eagle, only about 53% in Boise. Boise is near the national average. Meridian and Eagle well above.

Eagle has the highest average income, then Meridian then Boise overall and the differences are pretty substantial.

Boise is something over twice as big as Meridian and Meridian is at least 4 times as big as Eagle.

There is demographic info by neighborhood thru the City-Data.com city search pages if you want more particulars about Boise neighborhoods. It is near the bottom of the page, https://www.city-data.com/city/Boise-City-Idaho.html
Click on a neighborhood and you'll find some neighborhood specific demographic data.

Last edited by NW Crow; 06-10-2010 at 03:03 PM..

Old 06-10-2010, 08:57 PM

51 posts, read 299,146 times
Closer you get to Eagle, the better for what you're looking at, IMO.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:12 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,363,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbarnone View Post
Hi All,

jj
The North End and Foothills neighborhoods above the North End and Warm Springs Avenue.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:28 PM

805 posts, read 2,000,724 times
+1 on northend great area

Old 06-30-2010, 11:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,753 times
[FONT=Verdana]The city of trees! Boise has an independence and creative spirit not found in many other places.[/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area