Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 09:26 AM

763 posts, read 3,836,931 times

Advertisements

Trussville is a very nice town and is growing rapidly. It has good schools and police/fire protection. Lots of shopping has sprung up in the past five years with more on the way. I think it is a good place, although I do not live in the area...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 12:41 PM

629 posts, read 3,599,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Again View Post
Just wondering if you can support that statment?
I moved from there to a (supposedly)worse town (Bessemer) for the opportinity to purchase a Historical Property. So I have lived in both cities and my wifes family has lived there for 75 years. As the community grows so do property crimes, drug crimes etc. I don't see alot of difference in Bessemer and Trussville where property crimes are concerned. My auto was broken into 3 times in Trussville(at church) and I had a lawnmower and a motorcycle stolen. In Bessemer, I have had a car stolen and my expedition broken into and the radio stolen.

Not much difference to me!

Bessemer has more person on person crime but they are limited to areas that I don't enter.

If I could choose any place in Alabama to live it would not be Trussville. The schools are not that good any more and the home prices are way inflated.

Most of the old time residents from Trussville are heading to Springville/Odenville as the younger, more unstable demographic moves in.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:08 PM

7 posts, read 23,282 times
Coming from someone who lives in Bessemer, I find these comments about Trussville hilarious.

"Most of the old time residents from Trussville are heading to Springville/Odenville as the younger, more unstable demographic moves in."

What do you mean by unstable demographic?

"The schools are not that good any more and the home prices are way inflated."

Do you really want to compare Bessemer schools to Trussville's? REALLY?

Moderator cut: comment

Last edited by Keeper; 09-16-2008 at 06:22 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 09-15-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bham03 View Post
Coming from someone who lives in Bessemer, I find these comments about Trussville hilarious.

"Most of the old time residents from Trussville are heading to Springville/Odenville as the younger, more unstable demographic moves in."

What do you mean by unstable demographic?

"The schools are not that good any more and the home prices are way inflated."

Do you really want to compare Bessemer schools to Trussville's? REALLY?
Moderator cut: comment
I don't know how much clearer to make it. You have alot of young people moving to Trussville. Younger people are usually more unstable! Alot of the older people are moving north........it's a fact! The schools are not as good as Hoover and other areas.

I never made a comparison between Bessemer and Trussville schools! You obvioulsy didn't do well on reading comprehesion and I on spelling! So, your answer is no! I don't want to compare them and that was never my intention! My 3 daughters go to Private school! I am fortunate enough to be able to send them!

Compared to alot of other areas in central Alabama with good schools and lower crime rates.........Trussville's home prices are higher !

Trussville is far from the promise land!

The only comparison I ever made was about MY experience with property crime and info I have from a friend who is a police officer who tells me about all the drug arrests he makes in Trussville.

Please read before jumping to conclusions!

Last edited by Keeper; 09-16-2008 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: orphaned post/post you are referring to has been removed..

Old 09-15-2008, 10:09 PM

15 posts, read 41,090 times
I am sorry this got heated.......I am familiar with Trussville and other towns around it. They are building a brand new high school, which is beautiful set back off of Deerfoot Parkway. It is state of the art and cost quite a bit of money. Trussville became its own school system in the very recent past. I work for both the City and County, and I am wondering if the "crime" reference you have made is not bleeding over from its nearby town "Clay" to the North and "Center Point" (where crime is high) to the South. Center Point and Clay are really struggling right now in their schools and crime in their newly established town proper. What is now the Clay-Chalkville High School was separated from Hewitt Trussville High School in 1996. But reannexation of cities occurred separating both formally as recently as 2004, approximately. I think you are both right, as it is hard to know where the town's start and where a new begins, and maybe that's where the misunderstanding occurs, especially with this all being so new......but all in all, Trussville is a very nice place to live.

Last edited by Keeper; 09-16-2008 at 06:27 AM.. Reason: orphaned post/post you are referring to has been removed..

Old 09-16-2008, 08:01 AM

The friend I refer to is a Trussville police officer. I'm not trying to slam Trussville in any way! I enjoyed living there. I just conveyed what I know about it. Crime is bad pretty much all over and in this day and age nobody can say they have been uneffected by drugs in some way.

We bought a 5800sq foot Historical Home for 170k.........where else can you do that? We knew about the crime and schools but also knew we could work around it and be a part of revitalizing once great community. Because of many like minded people moving here it's working. Bessemer's southside is about to be re-recognized by the state as a historical district. We like it here others wouldn't..........

My entire family grew up in Bessemer from the late 1800's..........it's kind of nostalgic I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area