Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 12:29 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,686,764 times

Advertisements

Well, it appears that snow is in our forecast as early as Saturday night, depending on which site you believe! Also, even though Weather Underground is reporting clear skies in Bend, it's far from that right now. In fact, it's entirely cloudy. Sometimes I wonder how they can get it so wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 12:54 PM

1,337 posts, read 3,277,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
Well, it appears that snow is in our forecast as early as Saturday night, depending on which site you believe! Also, even though Weather Underground is reporting clear skies in Bend, it's far from that right now. In fact, it's entirely cloudy. Sometimes I wonder how they can get it so wrong.
It's baffling, right? It's even sprinkling ever so lightly, too. Or was for a second there.

The Bend city webcam someone mentioned earlier seems like the way to go....

Old 10-19-2012, 05:00 PM

722 posts, read 1,353,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapetrich View Post
It's baffling, right? It's even sprinkling ever so lightly, too. Or was for a second there.

When weather fronts and terrain interact "now casting" is often the way forecasts unfold.

That happens here in VA and WV all the time and from distant observation it looks like once the Bend wet and cloud season start, checking in here, and watching the webcams maybe my best way to follow Bend area weather? I am not even there and I am looking forward to watching the mountains turn white again.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:

Does anyone have a link to this webcam? I tried searching for it once and I kept getting the ODOT webcams, which are horrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownut View Post
When weather fronts and terrain interact "now casting" is often the way forecasts unfold.

That happens here in VA and WV all the time and from distant observation it looks like once the Bend wet and cloud season start, checking in here, and watching the webcams maybe my best way to follow Bend area weather? I am not even there and I am looking forward to watching the mountains turn white again.
I'm excited for the white, for sure! Looks like the mountain is supposed to get snow all week!

Old 10-19-2012, 07:40 PM

[quote=delta07;26586287]Does anyone have a link to this webcam? I tried searching for it once and I kept getting the ODOT webcams, which are horrible!

Below is the link to the new HD "EyeonBend" Web Cam. Whoever is in charge moves it around during the day so the views are always shifting. May not mean much if you live there ? but it is a very nice way to keep an "eye on bend" (as it is so aptly named) from here in the east! It is pretty fun to see the sunrise in Bend around 11 am EST each day.

EyeonBend

Old 10-20-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Same for today but the opposite. WU says its mostly cloudy and the whole morning where I live it has been mostly sunny.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:14 AM

So I see on the webcams around Bend it is snowing this morning.

Is this typical for late October? Snow while the leaves are still on the trees downtown?

We occasionally have late October snows here in VA but it is rare. Last year it snowed on October 29th a few inches here in VA but 10" out at the house I am trying to sell in WV where there was some tree damage.

Maybe a good start to the snowpack at Mt Bachelor it looks like several inches on the base webcam.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownut View Post
So I see on the webcams around Bend it is snowing this morning.

Is this typical for late October? Snow while the leaves are still on the trees downtown?

We occasionally have late October snows here in VA but it is rare. Last year it snowed on October 29th a few inches here in VA but 10" out at the house I am trying to sell in WV where there was some tree damage.

Maybe a good start to the snowpack at Mt Bachelor it looks like several inches on the base webcam.
I think it's pretty typical, although maybe not every year. Not really much snow, just a dusting. I believe it was 2 years ago now, but we had a pretty good snow on Oct. 3. About 8" fell in town. We lost our gorgeous maple tree in the backyard, all our tomatoes and the rest of the garden. There was a lot of damage in town from that storm.

My husband saw a picture this morning from Mt. Bachelor showing 11" of snow at the stake and still snowing hard. We'll see if this contributes to the base or not. According to the Mt. Bachelor facebook page, In a normal fall, this statement is usually true: "October snow comes & goes... but November snow stays and grows."

Old 11-07-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Still hoping to squeeze out a few more in the coming weeks! It was gorgeous today though.

You were right. Just had two days hitting 70 or at least one day just below and one just above.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,537,658 times
Quote:
You were right. Just had two days hitting 70 or at least one day just below and one just above.

Same here in La Pine! It was wonderful seeing so many people out and about, getting in that last walk or two before the snow hit.

AND DID IT EVER! It started just after noon. We now have at least 6" on the east side of 97... and it is still coming down!

Any up there in Bend yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend