Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2011, 05:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,238 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Portland and Eugene for many years and just can't take the overcast and gloomy days any more. I know that there is more sun in Bend, but a lot more? Ideally I would love twice as many sunny days, summer that actually starts in late May or early June and sunny and warm days all summer long. Am I asking for too much or can Bend deliver?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 05:46 PM

456 posts, read 1,007,240 times
Bend is often Sunny in the AM, but clouds come in the PM. Constantly changing. Can be cloudy in Bend, but sunny @ Bachelor or vice-versa. Big temperature changes from day to day.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:09 PM

351 posts, read 1,283,220 times
I would say there is ALLOT more sun in Bend (central Oregon) many times it is overcast in the willamette valley.... and sunny here.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:55 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,686,764 times
I do agree there are a lot more sunny days in Bend versus Eugene. Most people I know that move over to Bend from somewhere in the valley are completely satisfied with our weather. I do think summers are still relatively short though and can still be cold (by my standard). I've only lived in Bend for two summers, but I really don't think the season arrives until mid to late June. I've also experienced overnight freezes in August, which are no fun if your a gardener. But, like I said, it does depend on what your standards are for longer, warmer summers. I've spent most of my life in Colorado, which really does have a ton of sun and about 6 weeks more of warm temperatures.

Summers are not usually my complain in regards to Bend weather. Winter can be a little rough on me, as the clouds are still here. I would say (in my very non-scientific assessment) that we average about 2-3 sunny days in any given week. The others are gray and cloudy, with either rain, snow, or no precipitation.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:30 PM

504 posts, read 2,175,293 times
I've lived in Medford, Portland and Pendleton (not Bend). Pendleton is much sunnier than either place I've lived on the west side. It's really nice! I would think bend is similar.

You wouldn't think (I didn't), but northern Michigan, where we lived for 3 years is even cloudier than Portland. Sun was very rare in the winter, and the summer got plenty of rain there too. The PNW winters only bothered me the first year or 2, but my son and hubby really seem to thrive on more sun, so it's worth it to be on the east side now! I must admit the winter days are still short here, but those nice sunny days are a nice nice break!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend