Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2011, 12:20 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,686,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntafan16 View Post
Baton Rouge is the worst I've seen for a city of that size. Louisiana as a whole is consistently rated to have the worst roads. Baton Rouge is no exception. Nor are intersections like that the exception in BR, they are the norm.
Actually, no, it isn't the norm. You must not drive very often. The majority of places in this city have left turn lanes. The only places you don't find them everywhere is in the older parts of town and in the area right around LSU. At times it is because of poor planning, but other times it's because there is no room to expand the road or intersection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 09:54 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,340,486 times
I hardly experience any traffic going from Central (around frenchtown rd) to downtown baton rouge even at rush hour. 30 minutes due to distance but its not frustrating like it was when i lived in south baton rouge.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:04 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,353,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
I hardly experience any traffic going from Central (around frenchtown rd) to downtown baton rouge even at rush hour. 30 minutes due to distance but its not frustrating like it was when i lived in south baton rouge.
I live close to that same area .
Morning commute to work ( 5: 00 am ) is about 20 minutes . Evening ride home is about 40 minutes .

Old 06-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Caa

940 posts, read 2,488,905 times
I live near Pecue lans and work at LSU. it takes me 25 minutes to get home, that is not bad IMO! baton Rouge is a nice town no matter what people say. I love it when people want a more walking type town. tell me, where, besides NYC, do people never need their cars? I have lived in 5 different cities and always needed my car-this is not Europe!

Old 06-16-2011, 03:02 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
The point is we should have more transportation options. I don't love driving everywhere.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:45 AM

595 posts, read 1,173,073 times
Who is We ?I thought you lived in Houston,so how does BR Traffic affect You so much?

Old 06-21-2011, 11:14 AM

Because I lived there and plan to live there. Good enough answer? Why does it matter?

Old 06-21-2011, 01:09 PM

595 posts, read 1,173,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Because I lived there and plan to live there. Good enough answer? Why does it matter?
As I stated in some of our Direct Messaging I am just trying to understand what some of Your terms mean so I have a more clear view of to whom You refer to in Your post I belive I have asked You what Hoods means in useing it in the context in which you do.You could be talking about gangster hoods or maybe hoods as hommies.Yes Sir gooid enough answer for Me.And what does it matter,It only matters to me because I like to understand what type people make up our Great City,other than that I could really care less,I feel sure We do not travle the same circles so we do have to be best buds. Good enough reply?

Last edited by fbbertusa; 06-21-2011 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 06-21-2011, 03:05 PM

Direct Message response.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:42 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,481,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caa View Post
I love it when people want a more walking type town. tell me, where, besides NYC, do people never need their cars? I have lived in 5 different cities and always needed my car-this is not Europe!
I don't think that most people are saying that we should be like Europe. To be honest Europe is almost as car dependent as the United States, they just happen to have above decent public transportation to boot. There is nowhere in this country that I know of where "people never need their cars", but there are several places where you don't have to depend on a car. It depends on the person and their needs. I can easily live in New Orleans without a car and still be able to travel between work and home, have access to entertainment and dining, and satisfy my basic needs. Does having a car make life easier, yes it does, but there are just as many situations in which having it is an inconvenience. I honestly don't mind NYC style transit as I love the freedom of not worrying about how I getting from point A and B and how much it'll cost. I also love the fact that if I need a car or truck for something I can always go to ZipCar or CareShare and get whatever I need. Of course transit has it's issues just like cars due. Anyway, I find driving everywhere ridiculous when it isn't necessary and it's somewhat unsustainable currently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge