Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 07:14 PM

4 posts, read 9,335 times

Advertisements

We are looking to have a few simple questions answered.

1. A great school for our daughter who will be going to high school that also has a great girls golf program?

2. Looking for also a great neighborhood on or close to a golf course?

3. Looking for the fastest growing subdivision in or near the city that also has a great school district?

4. List of different hospitals in the community or near by for medical employment?

Thank you for your responses..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Caa

940 posts, read 2,488,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtheboss802 View Post
We are looking to have a few simple questions answered.

1. A great school for our daughter who will be going to high school that also has a great girls golf program?

2. Looking for also a great neighborhood on or close to a golf course?

3. Looking for the fastest growing subdivision in or near the city that also has a great school district?

4. List of different hospitals in the community or near by for medical employment?

Thank you for your responses..
Hello there. I can sort of answer your questions.
1. Any of the private schools here would be a good choice. AS far as golf programs, I am not sure which offer one. Do not send her to public school here though! East Baton Rouge Parish has a less than average school sysem.
2. There are sooo many great neighborhoods here i cannot list them all! Some that I feel are nice are Shenandoah area, Brairwood Estates and Woodridge(which has many homes for sale) Vignes Lake and Jefferson Park, Hickory Ridge(older homes, but nice) Rolling Meadow. Briarwood used to have a golf course, but it was bought out by Woman's Hospital and is no longer there. I have no idea which neighborhoods are n or near golf course, but maybe another poster will help you there.
3. Ascension Parish has a great school system. They are the next parish over from us. I have heard good things about their school system. Also, Livingston parish has a good school system too as I hear.
4. Hospitals here are Baton Rouge General(2 campuses) Oschner, Our Lady of the Lake, Summit Hosptial, St. Elizabeth(AScension Parish area), Woman's Hospital. There are also many other hosptials, I just cannot think of them at the moment.

I can tell you this about this town. We moved here from South Florida about 4 years ago(early 2005). Comparing Florida to Louisiana is amazing. The people here are so much nicer and friendlier than anywhere I have been, sure there is the occasional jerk, but for the most part, people are great here. There is so much for families to do here, it is unreal. I know a lot of people say'there is nothing to do in BR". WEll, they just are not looking and want things to come to them. Grab a Friday paper and see what "little" there is to do. We like it here a lot, not as much as before hurricane Katrina as people kinda changed a little, but we still like it here and feel very safe and secure here. Now, there are bad areas of town, but won't get into that this evening! Good Luck!

Old 03-24-2009, 09:13 PM

41 posts, read 152,990 times
I teach in Ascension Parish and you can easily live in the Dutchtown area and work at one of the hospitals in Bation Rouge. It would be a very short commute. There are many, many new subdivisions in Dutchtown and Dutchtown High has a beautiful campus. I live in Shenandoah and love it. It takes me 20 minutes to get to Gonzales where I work.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:49 PM

Thank you for taking the time to let us know. We Love Louisiana...All of your information will help us with our near soon desicion..If you can think of anything else, please feel free to let me know.

Mary

Old 03-25-2009, 09:52 PM

Bellaroma,

Thank you for your response. We live in Indianapolis in a nice new subdivision and would love to continie to live like we do now. I appreciate your comments on the school....Do you know if they have a girls golf team?

Thanks
Mary

Old 03-26-2009, 06:43 PM

794 posts, read 3,356,543 times
I'm pretty sure St. Joseph's does. I've seen their girls out on the Webb golf course in the evenings on my way home. Can't say whether or not it's just recreation or a team, but there are usually two or three groups so I figured it was a team practicing. And they're out there regularly.
It wouldn't really matter where you lived if you sent your daughter to SJ but it is expensive. And of course there's the commute thing because it's basically in midcity BR.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:10 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,685,876 times
Zachary High may have a girls golf team. Copper Mill in Zachary is a nice new subdivision with a golf course. If Zachary High has the team then that would seem like the best choice IMO because they also have a large hospital there. St. Elizabeth's I believe.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
Zachary High may have a girls golf team. Copper Mill in Zachary is a nice new subdivision with a golf course. If Zachary High has the team then that would seem like the best choice IMO because they also have a large hospital there. St. Elizabeth's I believe.
St. Elizabeth's is in Gonzales right? I thought Lane was in Zachary. Unless someone bought the other out. Excuse me if I'm just unaware of any changes.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:21 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,685,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darylwi View Post
St. Elizabeth's is in Gonzales right? I thought Lane was in Zachary. Unless someone bought the other out. Excuse me if I'm just unaware of any changes.
You're right. My mistake.... Forgive my tired 63 year old brain lol.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
You're right. My mistake.... Forgive my tired 63 year old brain lol.
No problem. Just wanted to make sure Lane was still around or if not, wanted to know what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge