Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 11:38 AM

65 posts, read 147,020 times

Advertisements

I have a cousin that will be moving to S. Louisiana to work in the oil business. He will be traveling like me, but he will be traveling in S. Louisiana to Baton Rouge, Lafayette, New Iberia and Port Allen....

I want to help him get settled in and I have a mobile home that is near new I am giving him.

My question is are there any REAL GOOD AND SAFE mobile home parks in that area or close? that he, his wife and 1 yr old will be comfortable and safe at?

I feel the Mobile will help him tremendously in not having to pay rent and he can save for a home...

Thanks in advance for any help......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 12:26 PM

5 posts, read 5,746 times
I think its great that you gave them the MH.......but why set it up in a park?

What I mean is that I have seen lots that are for sale on contract. By buying the land the money being spent is not wasted. The odds are that your cousin will not be moving the MH anytime soon if he places it in a park.

I think you would be surprised to find the cost coming in at about the same amount every month.
I would advise not staying in or around Baton Rouge though.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baton Rouge Stinks View Post
I think its great that you gave them the MH.......but why set it up in a park?

What I mean is that I have seen lots that are for sale on contract. By buying the land the money being spent is not wasted. The odds are that your cousin will not be moving the MH anytime soon if he places it in a park.

I think you would be surprised to find the cost coming in at about the same amount every month.
I would advise not staying in or around Baton Rouge though.
So where are the lots at? Do you have any contact info you could share?
I know that he has no credit and they wanted to have neighbors, not be out in the country alone.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:26 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,338,107 times
I don't know of many parks in the city but there is one off Hwy 73 in Prairieville/Geismar. Don't know the specifics but haven't heard anything negative about it, but I could be wrong. It's right near the interstate so trips to Laf, Port Allen, and BR aren't as long.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:27 PM

5 posts, read 5,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilmanMike View Post
So where are the lots at? Do you have any contact info you could share?
I know that he has no credit and they wanted to have neighbors, not be out in the country alone.

Sorry, I don't. I have seen them on places like Craigslist.....wish I could help more than that.

Maybe contact a local Realtor?

Old 09-03-2011, 08:59 PM

41 posts, read 153,139 times
There is a nice MH Park off O'Neal Lane and Old Hammond Highway very near Florida Blvd. Have been in there many times. Lots of families, some retired folk, very well kept up. I have a neice and a few friends in there. I think it's called Torrey Pines.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:29 PM

Thak you everyone for you help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge