Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:19 PM

334 posts, read 1,371,632 times

Advertisements

Ok, in june the red wings and pistons will win championships. And in October the tigers will win the world series, just thought everyone would like to know lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 01:59 PM

217 posts, read 346,459 times
ye but who cares about the stanley cup, hockey is a dumb sport and their trophy has no worth at all. Nba and NFL is what its all about!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 02:09 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galloway View Post
ye but who cares about the stanley cup, hockey is a dumb sport and their trophy has no worth at all. Nba and NFL is what its all about!!!
Hockey is the most popular indoor sport in the world. To state that nobody cares about hockey and the stanley cup is completely asinine.

Last edited by Interpol76; 01-17-2008 at 02:20 PM..

Old 01-17-2008, 02:24 PM

270 posts, read 1,159,885 times
well i have to say that i dont really enjoy hockey and i could def. live without it. there isnt a hockey rink within 60 miles and probably not another 100 miles from where i live. It just is not all that popular around here. I could live with out it. Just my O

NBA I think that Bostan has probably the best chance over all of winning. the Boston 3party will be tough to beat but who knows in sports anymore. I mean my COLTS got beat by the boltsand look at how college football went this year so anybodys game this year

Old 01-17-2008, 04:10 PM

718 posts, read 2,361,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galloway View Post
Lord Stanley's Cup is the most prestigious trophy in all professional sports!

Old 01-17-2008, 07:42 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,831,224 times
I guess Detroit deserves some kind of break.

But I'm not counting on it.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:54 PM

Really I think only one Detroit team will win it all this year. Boston has been the sports city lately, all three of it's teams are great. 80,000 people attended the NHL's winter classic. Hockey is a very fast pace fun sport to watch. Shootouts are dramatic, not much compares to hockeys shootouts. Everyone stands, and it's do or die. I think Detroit's sports teams are all that keep people here lol, plus it gets peoples minds of the bad economy.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:30 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent85 View Post
Ok, in june the red wings and pistons will win championships. And in October the tigers will win the world series, just thought everyone would like to know lol.
Hmmm.
The Red Wings, maybe.
Basically the same teams are in the playoffs and World Series every year, so I don't know about the Tigers chance.
And as for the Pistions.... You have to get past the Spurs, Suns, Mavs, a rising Blazers team, a 3-point trigger happy Warriors team and let's not forget about the Boston Three Party.... But hey, half of the teams will make it into the playoffs, knowing the NBA's playoff format. So that's the only thing you can garuntee for the Pistions.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:53 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statefan View Post
Lord Stanley's Cup is the most prestigious trophy in all professional sports!
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE HOCKEY!!!!!!!! This Native Texan Girl LOVES Ice Hockey. I've had season tickets for the Dallas Stars since 1996. LOVE ME SOME HOCKEY!
If no one liked hockey then how come Dallas has so many sold out games? lol And why do SOOOO many of our youth play hockey that there are not enough ice rinks here to support it. Hockey is a GREAT SPORT!

I do hope it is NOT Detroit for The Cup. NO!!! I swear when they play Dallas here that place is all red. There are Detroit fans PACKING the place. I'll have to say, they really give Detroit and any good people there a REALLY BAD NAME! Talk about just flat out RUDE! They are HORRIBLE! I'll never forget these couple of drunk Detroit guys that ended up sitting by us at one game last year. They were talking all big about being "experts" of the game since they were "DETROIT". Every time the linesman did not call a two line pass they screamed bloody murder. Dude, they got rid of that (even my 8 year old knows that). They had just gotten off the plane and come straight to the game too. Those boys were LOST and not just in directions but in sense. Had to put up w/ a couple of the bozo's a few weeks ago. At least this time they seemed a bit more civil. One of you mentioned the sports are the only thing keeping some there. We said the reason there are so many Pink Wings fans here in the Big D is because they HAD to move to get a job.

Back to the other sports. I don't care for thug ball. Baseball........ well, I'm in Dallas and the Rangers, bless their hearts....... Had some good players along the way (Pudge, Nolan Ryan, etc). Just never can get it all together. BUT, it is NOT a sport I can stand to sit and watch in person or on tv. Football - eh. Better than the other two. I'd put it under hockey.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:35 PM

So many people like the red wings, that it makes people hate them too. I do agree some wings fans are rude though lol. I went to a game last month and a guy behind me spilled his beer on me, then tried to wipe it off! I'm like get your hand off me lol. I remember when the stars won the 99' cup, and eddie belfour was good, not sure who you have now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball