Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 11:24 AM

3,397 posts, read 2,822,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I predict Bulls over Cavs in the East. Rose is looking good right now, and I can't believe the Bulls will be so stupid as to over work him and get him hurt again. The Bulls have the league's best defense. With their size they will be a superb rebounding team. Noah will set the tone for this being one of the great passing teams of all time.

The Bulls just need to improve on offense because they don't want to be too dependent on Rose for points. They should get a boost on offense from Gasol, and 1 or more of the following:

1)improved shot from Butler
2)Mirotic
3)McDermott
4)Snell

If just 1 or 2 from that list of 4 comes through for them, they are set.

I see Cleveland likely winning a title next year, but not this year. They're taking 3 new stars, all from 3 different teams, and a rookie coach. Remember, Miami did not win the title the first year they had their big 3 (2010-2011). (Granted, they did reach the finals).
Just food for thought Top to bottom:
Cleveland 14-15 (with the same or very similiar conditions) have a better roster than Miami 10-11. We can break it down position by position. I hate the comparison.

The Bulls clearly have a Top 2 roster, putting anyone outside of Cleveland ahead of them is insulting to their potential this year. I put them at the one seed in the regular season- I think they will have to grind and fight to get it but it should happen. They will use their deep roster and beat up on the East.

I'm concerned over a few things- will the additions Mirotic, McD, Gasol, more minutes Snell, heck even back from injury Rose mesh well and play 13-14 Bulls Defense? If they don't will there be enough of spike in their offense to offset the difference?

While you can't predict the injury bug, they have probably the biggest concern with injuries- mainly Rose and Noah.

Playoff Bulls need Rose to be MVP type Rose again. He needs to be the guy that takes over the game. I just don't see them having enough firepower to beat Cleveland in a 7 game series in Late May. When the bench shrinks its essentially a 8 man rotation I don't like the match-up against a team like Cleveland who can pass, drive at will, rebound (arguably the best unit out there for rebounding) with enough time to figure out the defensive end or enough on the offensive end to mask the spotty defending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 11:49 AM

78,728 posts, read 60,928,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Is Love going to be back in Cleveland next year??
It would take something pretty incredible for love not to stay in Cleveland IMO. We're talking no-chemistry, in-fighting, coach fired, guys traded left and right type dysfunction and I just don't see that happening with those guys.

I didn't have the same opinion when the discussion was if Dwight would stay in LA.

If that's where you are coming from, LA had some different personalities and you could see that he and Kobe were just oil and water....and that's both a reflection of how hard Kobe pushes and what he demands but also how he can be a big finger pointer even when he's a big part of the problem.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:12 PM

9,797 posts, read 7,528,071 times
I was thinking Knicks or Lakers for Love outside of Cleveland but each has their own set of problems that Love wouldn't help solve completely. I'm with Mathgay in that he stays Cleveland next year no matter what.....unless he just cannot work with LeBron. We know LeBron's not going anywhere, and if the Cavs do indeed win the championship despite LeBron & Love hating each other I'm fairly sure he'd look for employment elsewhere, it's not like the Cavs are the only team that wants him or has a need for him.
Them not winning the title is a bit trickier. If they make it to the finals and loses he probably stays, anything else is debatable. Still a long way to go before he head down that road though. Let's see how they coexist/finish in 2015 before we start making plans for 2016.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:45 PM

639 posts, read 823,453 times
Barring any major injuries, the New Orleans Pelicans will make the playoffs. They will be this years version of what the Portland Trailblazers did last year. Mark my words.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:52 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,071,826 times
I hope Toronto upsets and makes the ECF. I think they have a real chance of doing it, and would be great for the league and city.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:04 PM

9,797 posts, read 7,528,071 times
I hope so, but I just don't see them beating Chicago or Cleveland and they'll likely have to get by at least one on the way to the ECF. Maple Leaf Square turned into Jurassic Park for the playoffs is probably the best moment of last years playoffs. An ECF or Finals trip and the place would go bezerk.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
I hope Toronto upsets and makes the ECF. I think they have a real chance of doing it, and would be great for the league and city.
Better start praying for injuries. LOTS of injuries.

They aren't ECF calibre unless they get a pass from some teams. Sorry.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I was thinking Knicks or Lakers for Love outside of Cleveland but each has their own set of problems that Love wouldn't help solve completely. I'm with Mathgay in that he stays Cleveland next year no matter what.....unless he just cannot work with LeBron. We know LeBron's not going anywhere, and if the Cavs do indeed win the championship despite LeBron & Love hating each other I'm fairly sure he'd look for employment elsewhere, it's not like the Cavs are the only team that wants him or has a need for him.
Them not winning the title is a bit trickier. If they make it to the finals and loses he probably stays, anything else is debatable. Still a long way to go before he head down that road though. Let's see how they coexist/finish in 2015 before we start making plans for 2016.
Everyone keeps mentioning Knicks and Lakers but they aren't even in the conversation anymore when free agents are mentioned. The internet and the cap taxes etc. have MURDERED the big market advantage IMO. Doesn't help that both teams are being run poorly either.

Its unlikely that Cleveland wins their first year together. It would probably take some help, they just don't have the chemistry to go all the way although they will go pretty far barring catastrophe.

Lebron IMO is a glue guy. I've never heard of him having teamate issues and he should set the tone for the team. I see Love sticking it out with him and both resigning. Ditto for KI.

After that though, all bets are off if they need more defense from the SG position or AV is breaking down then they will make some changes. They have the picks to trade etc. so it shouldn't be a problem but it might be an off-season type shift.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:40 PM

14,729 posts, read 14,715,394 times
Yahoo put up their predictions today. Woj and Spears both have the Warriors winning the West, with Spears picking them to win it all. Even as a fan, I'd say that's optimistic, though I do think Kerr is the real deal and will take them to the next level.
All five have Lebron as the MVP this season.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-15...232529067.html

Old 10-27-2014, 10:49 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,031,833 times
How about some Over/Under team wins prop bets, what are your thoughts:

Lakers - Over/Under 30 wins...ha, I'll take the over
Clippers - Over/Under 56.5 wins...tough, but over
Heat - Over/Under 44 wins...not as weak of an eastern conference as usual? I can see an Under on this one
Thunder - Over/Under 52.5 wins....no Durant for a few months, but the oddsmakers seems to think they'll be just fine when he returns, don't think so, give me the Under
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball