Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 02:54 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,109,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I was rooting for OKC tonight, mainly because a Mavs loss means more for the Spurs at this point of the year.

Blazers and Clips going on right now. Either one losing is good for the Spurs but I am pulling for Portland to lose as they have only 25 L's as opposed to Clips 26 L's. Eitherway, I am glad they are beating each other up tonight.
those losses for portland will not mater to the mavs, portland is the leader of their division so they get the 4 seed minimum. the mavs could be up 5 games and portland would still be the 4 seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Why because the spurs will be in sole of possession of the 6th#seed?
spurs hold the tie breaker vs dallas currently based on the 4th tie breaker, better conf win %. they went 2-2, neither is division leader, they have the same division %.

Quote:
Tiebreaker Basis
(-) Tie breaker not needed (better overall winning percentage)
(1) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division
(2) Head-to-head won-lost percentage
(3) Division won-lost percentage
(4) Conference won-lost percentage
(5) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, own conference
(6) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, other conference
(7) Net Points, all games
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 09:15 PM

45,644 posts, read 27,268,345 times
Big boy win for the Rockets tonight. Fourth game in 5 days, with three of them on the road... down 8 midway thru the 4thQ on the road vs. Mavs.

They went 3-1 in the four games.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:20 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,073,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Big boy win for the Rockets tonight. Fourth game in 5 days, with three of them on the road... down 8 midway thru the 4thQ on the road vs. Mavs.

They went 3-1 in the four games losing to the Raptors by 3.
I think they would play the spurs as the 3rd seed in the West which will be a huge challenge for them because the Spurs only play money ball after April.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:21 PM

45,644 posts, read 27,268,345 times
Quote:
I think they would play the spurs as the 3rd seed in the West which will be a huge challenge for them because the Spurs only play money ball after April.
Right now, they are #2 and would play the Mavs.

Also - Rockets still have to play the Spurs twice in the regular season... so that may be a preview.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:25 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Right now, they are #2 and would play the Mavs.

Also - Rockets still have to play the Spurs twice in the regular season... so that may be a preview.
And the Spurs would play the Grizzles which is a matchup they would prefer than the Rockets I'm sure.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:26 PM

6,514 posts, read 7,557,249 times
Quote:
Why because the spurs will be in sole of possession of the 6th#seed?
I still beleive the Spurs can potentially make it all the way to 2nd seed still and bump the Rockets (who have an identical record as Griz who is also in the Southwest) and the Spurs actually play Houston 2 games in a row next week. Its still quite possible to reach the 2 spot (not that Pop actually cares).

Old 04-02-2015, 09:31 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I still beleive the Spurs can potentially make it all the way to 2nd seed still and bump the Rockets (who have an identical record as Griz who is also in the Southwest) and the Spurs actually play Houston 2 games in a row next week. Its still quite possible to reach the 2 spot (not that Pop actually cares).
I would prefer the spurs to get the #2, #3, #6, or #7 seed because that would mean they would play Golden State in the Western Conference Finals instead of the Western Semi-Finals.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:35 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,331,611 times
That was a terribly officiated game between the Mavs and Rockets. I don't have to be a Mavs fan to see that. I don't know what is is - do the refs actually fear the beard? Probably the worst was a stretch of about 30 seconds early in the 4th when the Mavs picked up three phantom fouls. Regardless, Houston will be out by the first round. I hope they see Dallas the first round. I know I originally said I would prefer a matchup with Memphis - but I would love to take on Houston. If Dallas gets Houston, Dallas advances. Houston = most overrated team in the league

Old 04-02-2015, 09:35 PM

6,514 posts, read 7,557,249 times
Quote:
I would prefer the spurs to get the #2, #3, #6, or #7 seed because that would mean they would play Golden State in the Western Conference Finals instead of the Western Semi-Finals.
I agree, that would be a great match up.

These silly divisions, does anyone else find them meaningless? The teams should play for the conference and that's all.

In the 80's and 90's teams would celebrate winning the division but it doesn't mean much today. I never look at the standings by division which is why I forget about them.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:56 PM

9,776 posts, read 7,497,653 times
The Southwest division has 4 of the top 9 records in basketball....brutal division. Only team with better records NOT in the division: Hawks, Cavs, Warriors, Clippers & Blazers. When you add the Pelicans to that mix they have 5 of the 13 best records in basketball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball