Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2015, 11:27 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippedBit View Post
Raiders are likely to leave for LA. I think after they leave, the A's may get a new stadium and stay in Oakland. Another team that may leave is Cleveland. Their attendance has been bad like the Rays and they have been in the wild card race the last few seasons except for last season.
Cleveland?

That's a first...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 12:24 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,464,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Cleveland?

That's a first...
Yes, I had not heard that. Cleveland has a viable stadium.

I don't see MLB expanding any time soon though.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:24 PM

1,368 posts, read 3,219,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The Braves are removed from being the "team of the south." Their decline in play and abandonment from the standard of winning has placed them in their current situation. An American League team in either Charlotte or Raleigh, North Carolina would provide an alternative and much needed competition.
Oh, I agree. I can't stand the fans in Atlanta as during the '90s, they didn't even pay any attention until the last week of the season when there wasn't much of a chase for the division. 1 title in 10 years of division dominance, yech.

As far as the Indians leaving Cleveland, I don't see that ever happening. It would have happened in the 1980's if it was ever going to. They still have one of the better stadiums in the AL and no MLS team to share the summer with.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:48 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,676,999 times
If Vegas gets a team, would Pete have a case to argue 'hypocrisy'?

Does the city of Montreal trust anything baseball, anymore? (Yes, it's 20 years, but still.....!)

If there's expansion, will Baumgarner go 35-6.......? (LOL!)

Old 12-30-2015, 06:23 PM

31 posts, read 19,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If MLB could expand to 32 teams, what do you think the MLB would look like? What cities do you think could get a new team?

Current cities

Anaheim
Arlington(part of Dallas-Ft.Worth,TX)
Atlanta
Baltimore
Boston
Chicago(2)
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Denver
Detroit
Houston
Kansas City
Los Angeles
Miami
Milwaukee
Minneapolis
New York(2)
Oakland
Philadelphia
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
St. Louis
St. Petersburg
San Diego
San Francisco
Seattle
Toronto
Washington DC

Possible places:

Portland,OR
Las Vegas, NV
San Antonio,TX
Virginia Beach,VA
It would more likely be in San Antonio and Orlando, since I think people wanted MLB teams there. As for Las Vegas, don't they have the 51s?

Old 12-30-2015, 06:33 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,098,454 times
Portland should build a baseball stadium with 4,000 micro apartments built in. People could rent an apartment and receive a season ticket.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Portland should build a baseball stadium with 4,000 micro apartments built in. People could rent an apartment and receive a season ticket.
That would be really cool living in a baseball stadium. Then I could see all the games from my window.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:27 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,141,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewY0rker7 View Post
That would be really cool living in a baseball stadium. Then I could see all the games from my window.
Not so sure...

Have you ever sat in an outfield upper deck seat for a ballgame? You are far removed from the main action in the infield, and you can't even really see the pitched ball from such a vantage point. Watching a game from your apartment would be like that.

Further, you would have to schedule your activities around the home schedule. You couldn't have friends just dropping by because on game days it would be a mess trying to fight through the traffic...and where would they park? In the stadium lot for 15 bucks? The same sorts of restrictions would apply to your own comings and goings...game days will be difficult.

And what about the noise? Is the stadium used for other activities? You might be wanting to enjoy an evening of quiet tv watching and just outside some rock concert is being staged.

It would be cool living in a baseball stadium...for maybe a week or month...then it would settle down into a general pain in the butt.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Not so sure...

Have you ever sat in an outfield upper deck seat for a ballgame? You are far removed from the main action in the infield, and you can't even really see the pitched ball from such a vantage point. Watching a game from your apartment would be like that.

Further, you would have to schedule your activities around the home schedule. You couldn't have friends just dropping by because on game days it would be a mess trying to fight through the traffic...and where would they park? In the stadium lot for 15 bucks? The same sorts of restrictions would apply to your own comings and goings...game days will be difficult.

And what about the noise? Is the stadium used for other activities? You might be wanting to enjoy an evening of quiet tv watching and just outside some rock concert is being staged.

It would be cool living in a baseball stadium...for maybe a week or month...then it would settle down into a general pain in the butt.
Okay, maybe using a baseball stadium as my apartment wouldn't sound nice. I guess it would've been better if it was used as a hotel. But I think they should put in sound-proof windows so that the audience wouldn't wake you up during the middle of the night.

Old 01-01-2016, 08:41 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,601,193 times
New Orleans, Charlotte, Portland, and OKC would probably work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball