Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 12:44 PM

3 posts, read 7,085 times

Advertisements

im in three fantasy leagues for MLB.com. Just want an honest opinion on what you think of my line ups, and benches, just the whole teams period. thanks for the time and input.

League One
1 Robinson Cano (2B, U, NYY)
2 Mark Teixeira (1B, U, NYY)
4 Alex Rodriguez (3B, U, NYY)
5 Alexei Ramirez (SS, U, CWS)
6 Russell Martin (C, U, NYY)
7 Nick Swisher (1B, OF, U, NYY)
8 Brett Gardner (OF, U, NYY)
9 Austin Jackson (OF, U, DET)
10 Ike Davis (1B, U, NYM)
11 Jarrod Saltalamacchia (C, U, BOS)
12 Sean Rodriguez (2B, 3B, SS, U, TB)
13 Daniel Murphy (1B, 2B, 3B, U, NYM)
14 Torii Hunter (OF, U, LAA)
15 James Loney (1B, U, LAD)
16 Jose Tabata (OF, U, PIT)
3 New York Yankees (P, NYY)

League Two
2 Andrew McCutchen (OF, U, PIT)
3 Alex Rodriguez (3B, U, NYY)
5 Alexei Ramirez (SS, U, CWS)
6 Ike Davis (1B, U, NYM)
7 Russell Martin (C, U, NYY)
8 Jeff Francoeur (OF, U, KC)
9 Daniel Murphy (1B, 2B, 3B, U, NYM)
10 Edwin Encarnacion (1B, 3B, U, TOR)
11 Melky Cabrera (OF, U, SF)
12 Yunel Escobar (SS, U, TOR)
13 Jose Tabata (OF, U, PIT)
14 Jonathan Lucroy (C, U, MIL)
15 Jason Bay (OF, U, NYM)
16 Ruben Tejada (2B, SS, U, NYM)
4 New York Yankees (P, NYY)

League Three
2 Starlin Castro (SS, U, CHC)
3 Alex Rodriguez (3B, U, NYY)
4 Hunter Pence (OF, U, PHI)
6 Ike Davis (1B, U, NYM)
7 Jason Heyward (OF, U, ATL)
8 Chris Young (OF, U, ARI)
9 Daniel Murphy (1B, 2B, 3B, U, NYM)
10 Russell Martin (C, U, NYY)
11 Jarrod Saltalamacchia (C, U, BOS)
12 Alex Rios (OF, U, CWS)
13 Ruben Tejada (2B, SS, U, NYM)
14 Jose Tabata (OF, U, PIT)
15 James Loney (1B, U, LAD)
16 Eduardo Nunez (2B, 3B, SS, U, NYY)
5 New York Yankees (P, NYY)http://www.filii.info/g.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 09:24 PM

371 posts, read 816,156 times
League #1:
You must be a Yankee or Met's fan, because there are a lot of Yankees and Mets on this team. You have a solid infield, and if A-Rod bounces back, you should have very good power (A-Rod, Teixera, Cano can all hit 30 homers, and Swisher could go for 25). In this day and age of reduced homers, that should make you competative in that catagory.

You also have pretty decent speed. Gardner (45+), Jackson (20+), that should keep you competetive there too.

But, there are a couple of players that I don't see as warranting a spot on a fantasy team. While James Loney is not a bad ballplayer, he does not bring enough to hold first base on a fantasy team, and you already have Teixera and Ike Davis at first. To me, Sean Rodriguez has not done enough to warrant a spot on a mixed league fantasy team. He batted in the low .200's last year, and has not really show the power everyone thought he would have.

You also stake quite a bit on younger players that have potential, but have not really broken out yet. Daniel Murphy, Jose Tabata, Ike Davis, and Sean Rodriguez are all decent young players that could potentially break out, but might also flame out. Personally, I think 1-2 of those types of players is okay, but I wouldn't have 4 of them taking up space on my roster. That is a lot of risk. I personally would replace a couple of them with more Tori Hunter, Nick Swisher types -- players that might not "wow" you, but are pretty certain to put up decent numbers.

Team #2: Pretty solid at the top, if A-Rod comes back healthy. You basically replaced Teixera with McCutchen, which adds more risk, but maybe more upside and balance (steals, batting average).

I think the Yunel Escobar pick-up was interesting. You already have a SS, and while Escobar is pretty good, I don't know that I would want him taking up a bench spot that a more solid hitting OF could take. I am not sure that Jason Bay is worth a roster spot. He has just looked too bad that last couple of years. I'd wait to see if he looked good at the begining of the year, and then grab him on the waver wire if it looked like he might be his old self again.

Team 3:

This team has good balance at the top. You have power (Cano, A-Rod), average (Castro, Pence), speed (Castro, Young). Also, while I don't think Heyward has done much to inspire confidence, the experts think he will bounce back, so he seems to be a decent bet.

Also, its a little weak at first base. You have Loney, Davis and Murphy. That is pretty weak for an important production position like that.

Also, Tejada and Nunez don't seem proven enough to warrant a spot on the roster. The experts seem to have concluded that Rios is done, but who knows, maybe he will come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball