Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2008, 09:12 AM

6 posts, read 24,644 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in Millersville. Lucked into a really nice subdivision, but unfortunately, I haven't heard much positive about the schools. My son is only 3, but I'm trying to think ahead. His elementary school would be Southgate Elementary. I've looked at the statistical stuff online and they seem to be okay from that perspective, but with all the horror stories about bullying, taunting and violence these days, I'm getting a bit anxious. I'd love to be able to send him to a private school, but fear most will be out of my price range.

Is anyone out there familiar with Southgate Elementary School? What about reasonably priced private schools in the area? We're not Catholic, but I think that some Catholic schools allow non Catholics to attend these days. Any non Catholics out there who send their kids to Catholic school? If so, how is that working out. We do not currently belong to any church, but have Christian background. Wouldn't mind my son being taught/exposed to Christian teachings, but don't want a school that would make him feel like an outsider if he were not of the "predominant" faith.

I work in DC and my husband works in Crofton, so I guess if we went private, we could work any where in between. My mother lives in Edgewater and had offered to do "after school" watching for us - does anyone know if that might allow me to register him at the elementary school near her house? I leave for work at 6:30 and school doesn't start until 8:05 am - so if not mom's, it will likely be before and after care, so I'd like to make a good choice.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Florence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 08:14 AM

3 posts, read 5,345 times
Did you ever get any advise on this? I'm looking for a good preschool and thinking ahead to elementary and beyond in the Millersville area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: