Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2008, 02:58 PM

915 posts, read 3,180,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodbye Bawlmer View Post
I regret being born here. 25 years in and around Baltimore has left me hopeless that this city will ever improve. We're moving this year and never looking back.
Ya good luck. Go ask some current North Carolians ..dont move in the state without jobs..you will have a hard time finding one. They hated the transplant LOL

This town including DC, if they choose their decision wisely. A college graduate can make it but for a blue collar, they might have to work harder.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:10 PM

85 posts, read 395,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myselfdotcom View Post
Ya good luck. Go ask some current North Carolians ..dont move in the state without jobs..you will have a hard time finding one. They hated the transplant LOL

This town including DC, if they choose their decision wisely. A college graduate can make it but for a blue collar, they might have to work harder.
I certainly did not mean to offend anyone who still loves Baltimore, I was simply stating how I feel about it. My husband and I have traveled to many large cities in the US and have found many places we would love to call home. Baltimore has just lost all appeal for us.
How sad that we have to "Choose our locations wisely" and constantly be watching our backs?
Compare any other city's forum to Baltimore's and you will see how misery dwells here. Watch any news channel, read any Baltimore newspaper, click any thread on here when someone asks whether they should move here or not. Never good news. Does 300 murders a year sound appealing to you? Crack addiction out of control? Homeless folks who get zero help from the city gov't? Police departments full of corruption? A harbor that reeks of sewage and rot? Detroit may have one up on us, but other than that most cities seem pretty happy with their atmosphere and their neighborhoods.
Defend this city all you want. I'm happy for you that you have found peace here, I just hope you aren't kidding yourself.
FYI -- We have Graduate degrees, and we aren't foolish enough to move to a new city without jobs. Was that a serious statement?

Old 02-05-2008, 06:17 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,595,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodbye Bawlmer View Post
I certainly did not mean to offend anyone who still loves Baltimore, I was simply stating how I feel about it. My husband and I have traveled to many large cities in the US and have found many places we would love to call home. Baltimore has just lost all appeal for us.
How sad that we have to "Choose our locations wisely" and constantly be watching our backs?
Compare any other city's forum to Baltimore's and you will see how misery dwells here. Watch any news channel, read any Baltimore newspaper, click any thread on here when someone asks whether they should move here or not. Never good news. Does 300 murders a year sound appealing to you? Crack addiction out of control? Homeless folks who get zero help from the city gov't? Police departments full of corruption? A harbor that reeks of sewage and rot? Detroit may have one up on us, but other than that most cities seem pretty happy with their atmosphere and their neighborhoods.
Defend this city all you want. I'm happy for you that you have found peace here, I just hope you aren't kidding yourself.
FYI -- We have Graduate degrees, and we aren't foolish enough to move to a new city without jobs. Was that a serious statement?

Well, it's been real. Bye now, Hope you find Utopia!

Old 02-06-2008, 05:36 AM

234 posts, read 1,062,906 times
GB, if you haven't noticed, many of the folks on this site take it personally when someone decides to leave Baltimore. I, for one, wish you luck with your move. You put in a few years in Baltimore, decided you didn't want to deal with all the crime and filth and then did something about it. Good for you. I enjoyed much of my time in Baltimore but left last year for the same reasons as you. It was the best decision I've ever made.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:15 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetchie View Post
GB, if you haven't noticed, many of the folks on this site take it personally when someone decides to leave Baltimore. I, for one, wish you luck with your move. You put in a few years in Baltimore, decided you didn't want to deal with all the crime and filth and then did something about it. Good for you. I enjoyed much of my time in Baltimore but left last year for the same reasons as you. It was the best decision I've ever made.
Same here! I lived in Baltimore for 6 years but decided enough was enough. I'm in CO now and have never looked back!

Old 02-17-2008, 08:03 PM

7 posts, read 19,321 times
I concur! I'm working on moving back to PA or maybe back to New England. Not a fan of MD at all, especially Baltimore.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:45 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,595,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxrule View Post
I concur! I'm working on moving back to PA or maybe back to New England. Not a fan of MD at all, especially Baltimore.

I see you share your opinion with redsoxfan. Good luck to BOTH of you. Baltimore isn't for everybody! By the way, welcome to the forum. I see you just joined!

Old 02-18-2008, 07:47 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,015 times
Fun place to visit as long as you don't have to stay!

Old 02-18-2008, 03:15 PM

43 posts, read 174,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Fun place to visit as long as you don't have to stay!
I do take offense to this- seeing as how I LIVE here- as do many- who have found it home and actually LIKE it. I'm finding this forum tedious and bashing rather than positive and helpful.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:32 AM

315 posts, read 1,300,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowbaltimore View Post
I do take offense to this- seeing as how I LIVE here- as do many- who have found it home and actually LIKE it. I'm finding this forum tedious and bashing rather than positive and helpful.
I agree with you IKB. The forum should about expressing opinions and giving advice. I have strong opinions about Baltimore and I know others do also. I have always tried to express those opinions, even in the face of personal attack, without disparaging those with whom I disagree. It's unfortunate that a small minority must resort to ad hominem, personal attacks and childish bickering. I feel my opinions are just as valid as those who tend to see the brighter side of Baltimore, but disagreement doesn't equal wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore