Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 01:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,467,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
How about in your back yard? On your deck?
I don't own the airspace above me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 01:11 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Give it about 50 years and we'll all be clones without any individual views, everyone will have the sames views, beaten down and conformed to the rules that other people create instead of accepting the other person.
After reading this thread, looks like more than few are already there.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:22 PM

209 posts, read 240,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
That's because there aren't any UAVs being used up there now. You don't care about the potential loss of life because it won't be your life (unless you happen to be unlucky enough to be under one of our planes when they go down). Typical uncaring, follow the herd, accept big government without question attitude. It reminds us, once again, that not all "drones" are mechanical.

Hahaha, "Not all drones are mechanical" that's a good burn!

Old 01-28-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Violation of civil liberties, along with the cameras(on public streets)
Too bad so many just roll over for this crap.

This is just another example of Incrimentalism or Fabianism. They just keep feeding us teaspoon after teaspoon of this "invasive, liberty violating security for our own safey" crap because we keep swallowing it. If they dumped a bucket of it over our heads we would take a stand but when they spoon feed us we eat it up. I just don't get it.
They will continue to drive us down this Orwellian path until we draw a line. For me, the answer to 1984 is 1776 (in a philosphical and non-violent application of course). What is it gonna take for people to stop accepting all of this unconstitutional security? What will be the straw...military check points on our streets, body scanners at the mall, body cavity searches to fly or cross state lines, or random door to door neighborhood searches for anything suspicious, drones with cameras, how about armed drones, or gun confiscation. What's it gonna take?

Old 01-28-2011, 02:26 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,249,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sights_Set View Post
This is just another example of Incrimentalism or Fabianism. They just keep feeding us teaspoon after teaspoon of this "invasive, liberty violating security for our own safey" crap because we keep swallowing it. If they dumped a bucket of it over our heads we would take a stand but when they spoon feed us we eat it up. I just don't get it.
They will continue to drive us down this Orwellian path until we draw a line. For me, the answer to 1984 is 1776 (in a philosphical and non-violent application of course). What is it gonna take for people to stop accepting all of this unconstitutional security? What will be the straw...military check points on our streets, body scanners at the mall, body cavity searches to fly or cross state lines, or random door to door neighborhood searches for anything suspicious, drones with cameras, how about armed drones, or gun confiscation. What's it gonna take?
It's the slow frog boil. Lull the frog into security because the water isn't hot and raise the temperature slowly so it doesn't realize. Read the TSA threads... this has been said over and over. And still the sheeple go marching through.

I reccomend the History Channel two parter The Third Reich, especially the first part, The Rise. Its not about what happened so much as that it was allowed to happen. The Germans didn't get their rights and history taken from them, they agreeable gave it. Its a lesson we all need to learn.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
It's the slow frog boil. Lull the frog into security because the water isn't hot and raise the temperature slowly so it doesn't realize. Read the TSA threads... this has been said over and over. And still the sheeple go marching through.

I reccomend the History Channel two parter The Third Reich, especially the first part, The Rise. Its not about what happened so much as that it was allowed to happen. The Germans didn't get their rights and history taken from them, they agreeable gave it. Its a lesson we all need to learn.
Couldn't agree more. Yes I too have seen that particular History channel show and your right it is a lesson America needs to learn asap.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Satillites can already do that. Its the use aof robot to respond to crimes in progress that I look forward top relay.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:34 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,827,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003
Does anyone think the police will not use this to invade our privacy?
No i dont!!!

THESE DRONES ARE AWEFUL AND NOW WE ALSO ARE SUBJECTED TO THEM!!

Old 07-29-2012, 05:38 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Does anyone think the police will not use this to invade our privacy? Before long, we will have drones flying overhead and photographing whatever they choose to look at.

Domestic use of aerial drones by law enforcement likely to prompt privacy debate
Law enforcement agencies should use drones to help catch runaway criminals. Your next door neighbor could be hiding America's most wanted.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:34 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,694 posts, read 58,004,579 times
My USA county has been using aerial Surveillance and optical recognition for 15 yrs.

They know how many buildings / sf of deck and concrete / cars / bulldozers, growing operations (legal and illegal) you have. And you get a visit (and / or a bill / fine / summons) if anything significant changes.

Some of the most high tech drones in the world are being built nearby. We have frequent fly-overs of all kinds.

Drones are nothing compared to what the US insurance industry has planned to keep track of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation