Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 10:13 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,143,677 times

Advertisements

I would never buy any SUV, but if you NEED one, the Tucson would be a much better buy. Hyundai quality is up there with Toyota and Honda now. Ford is the best of the Detroit 3, but then again, that's like saying horse poop smells better than cow or dog poop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 02:50 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,044,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epik151 View Post
Honda is garbage.
Really?

Old 08-15-2010, 04:28 PM

45 posts, read 192,428 times
Why does Honda have the best resale value on the road if they are garbage??

Old 08-15-2010, 05:00 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,600,037 times
Actually the Escape should be compared to the Santa Fe, not the Tucson. That said, the escape needa total body makeover badly. Hasn't really changed since it was introduced. To boxy looking, plain jane looks. I really like the looks of the Santa Fe. If I was in the market for a vehicle like that it would be tough choice between that and the Rav4.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:45 PM

4,793 posts, read 10,634,472 times
MyCEO got her new 2010 Tucson in early May. It is a "Limited", loaded, FWD...
We traded her '03 pos Honda CR-V in on it.

We shopped every small/medium suv/crossover on the planet. The Ford is clearly
dated, looks wise, though it drove ok. We liked some of the other brands, but
the Tuck had the smaller size/feel, tremendous room inside, all the stuff she
wanted, and at ~$28Gs MSRP, a grand off, and 2Gs above KBB for the 3rd world
CR-V, it was easy to write the check for $19 and drive away.

Picks: BT, NAV, XM, USB ports, pano sunroof, bottle holders in each door,
fairly sharp handling. Looks good, built in Korea and, thus far seems solid.
No glitches so far...

Pans: same sharp handling/ride that some may not like, lack of sound deadening
insulation at firewall and up above wheel wells, electric power steering which does
not feel linear, quirky wiper control, single trip OD, EPA mpg that can only be had
on flat highway, with very light touch, and a tail wind.

It ain't my X5 or VetteVert, but good car, so far...not great, but good.
And, theCEO is happy with it.
My 50Cts...
GL, mD

Old 08-17-2010, 02:51 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,555,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberStudent View Post
Why does Honda have the best resale value on the road if they are garbage??
Seems there are some Hyundai elitists who have been popping up every so often recently. Hyundai is certainly upping their game, but I have seldom seen a Hyundai with over 200k, and you'd be hard pressed to find a Hyundai over 6 years old that does not at least sound like utter crap.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,057 times
Default hyundai of america

Just to let the soosayers know that most hyundais are built in the us except the tucson .i have owned 4 hyundais and just bought a new 2011 tucson .if you keep your eyes open you will see there are many sonotas old ones still one the road over 200,000 miles this is one of the most dependable companys quality wise and the re-sale is excellent don't discount what you havent tried the proof is in the pudding!

Old 10-25-2011, 11:45 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,391,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
Seems there are some Hyundai elitists who have been popping up every so often recently. Hyundai is certainly upping their game, but I have seldom seen a Hyundai with over 200k, and you'd be hard pressed to find a Hyundai over 6 years old that does not at least sound like utter crap.
Its not a SUV but my 2000 Hyundai Accent has 138,000+ miles and never a problem. It still has the original clutch. It runs as smooth as when we bought it new in January of 2000. Sure it is not 200,000 miles yet, but with the 6 kids and the perfect car to turn over to them I am betting that we make it to that mark before it isn't needed anymore. The car is easy to maintain and if something does break it would be easy to get to.

My wife is planning on getting the 2012 Honda Pilot. She has wanted one for a long long time. They seat 8 and we know families at church and co-workers that have the Pilot. Everyone we know that has one loves it and we have not heard too many problems with them. The fact is that I don't remember hearing about any problems with them.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:45 AM

44,661 posts, read 61,743,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Actually the Escape should be compared to the Santa Fe, not the Tucson. That said, the escape needa total body makeover badly. Hasn't really changed since it was introduced. To boxy looking, plain jane looks. I really like the looks of the Santa Fe. If I was in the market for a vehicle like that it would be tough choice between that and the Rav4.
2013 Ford Escape Spy Photos - Future Cars - Car and Driver

Old 10-26-2011, 04:11 AM

116 posts, read 315,027 times
It looks like a European Ford Kuga, that has been available there since 2008. Along with Fiesta and new Focus, this is yet another example of globalization. Looking forward for a Mondeo replacing an American Ford Fusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive