Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2010, 04:20 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,725,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
This is what i'm talking about, took this picture this morning. Granted there is no sidewalk at this location this biker should NOT be on the road. There are cars to the right of my truck which are now slowed to a halt and there are hordes of vehicles behind me (lead the pack out of the intersection). There is no shoulder or anything on this road and this guy has a little bag of groceries. There are several grocers off this main road not to mention there are several other ways of reaching the store he was at... just stupid inconsiderate behavior. This is a 45mph road and people do 45-50 no matter what the weather, that includes trucks and work vehicles. This individual is bottlenecking high volume traffic, endangering his life and making himself a liability for everyone else.

For who? You? Well suck it up bud! Cyclist pay taxes for the roads you travel so just suck it up and give way to cycist you see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 05:30 PM

513 posts, read 543,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
For who? You? Well suck it up bud! Cyclist pay taxes for the roads you travel so just suck it up and give way to cycist you see.
The next time at the gas station when Mr./Ms. bicyclist is pumping some super unleaded into their bike - I'll be sure to thank them for contributing taxes to pay for the roads!

Old 01-29-2010, 08:15 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,725,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyMcGarley View Post
The next time at the gas station when Mr./Ms. bicyclist is pumping some super unleaded into their bike - I'll be sure to thank them for contributing taxes to pay for the roads!
If you pay any sort of taxes at all some of it will wind up in the roads somewhere so don't think for a second that stinking gas tax is all that pays for the road!

Old 01-29-2010, 08:31 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,314,754 times
Quote:
Good one

Old 01-29-2010, 10:27 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,254,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
I don't see him creating any bottlenecks.

"
There are cars to the right of my truck which are now slowed to a halt and there are hordes of vehicles behind me (lead the pack out of the intersection).

Old 01-29-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
Uh...dude....he's obeying the law as best I can tell. Where the hell do you want him to ride? Through that bigass pile of snow to the right?

" Granted there is no sidewalk at this location this biker should NOT be on the road."

Old 01-29-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
Why? The road is not exclusively the right of cars.
What if he doesn't have a car? Even if he does, when did it become illegal to ride a bike?
Icy, snowy, slippery, people late for work, tractor trailers, delivery vehicles, snow plows, students going to local universities... this list goes on. Some one is going to get run over sooner or later like it or not.

Maybe you don't know but these babies are barreling down the roads all day... they don't move out of the way very easily.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:55 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,048,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post

" Granted there is no sidewalk at this location this biker should NOT be on the road."
This is what you people do not seem to realize, bicyclists have a RIGHT to be on the road.

Of course, I have noticed that irrational reaction takes precedence to rational acceptance of the rules of the road on this particular thread, if not this whole board.

Now, you can accept your responsibility to share the road, or you can continue on with threats of snow plows, drawn weapons and total disregard for your fellow man, your choice.

Karma will catch up.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:12 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,380,654 times
Quote:
Yes, cause those heavy damn bikes wear down the roads so much!

Old 01-30-2010, 08:36 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,242,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
This is what you people do not seem to realize, bicyclists have a RIGHT to be on the road.

Of course, I have noticed that irrational reaction takes precedence to rational acceptance of the rules of the road on this particular thread, if not this whole board.

Now, you can accept your responsibility to share the road, or you can continue on with threats of snow plows, drawn weapons and total disregard for your fellow man, your choice.

Karma will catch up.

-----" bicyclists have a RIGHT to be on the road"--

Ah yes,-----"the RIGHT"--to ride a bike no matter how hazardous the road is due to topography,traffic, or weather.

I also have---" the RIGHT-- to walk down a public street in the most crime infested area at 2 AM. Cops might call me an idiot for doing so ,however.

Regarding------" the RIGHT "--------. there is a joke about a tombstone of a stubborn Irishman. His tombstone had this written on it---------------

" Here is the grave of Mike O'Day, who died maintaining his RIGHT of way"
" His RIGHT was clear,his will was strong"
" but he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive