Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2007, 10:51 PM

550 posts, read 2,825,196 times

Advertisements

I was driving to my sons rugby game today and 2 people gave me the evil finger! Both times it wasn't even my fault! I would have no problems admitting it was my fault. That is why I am so annoyed. How dare they do that when it is their fault or the driver beside them. Let alone me having 2 kids in the car.

People should learn when to use their road rage finger. It can really put a damper on a fun little drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 11:13 PM

453 posts, read 2,100,808 times
well, i think it's safe to say that the only rational thing to do in this case is to get their license plate numbers, look them up, drive to their houses, and chop off their middle fingers. our children are very vulnerable to outside influences, and we don't want people like that to continue to negatively influence the young minds of the future.

my town has a bad problem with people running redlights. i've been hit head on once before, and have had plenty of other close calls. whenever people run redlights and almost hit me, i honk at them, and most of them honk back or tell me i'm number one in sign language. needless to say, i have quite a bit of finger-chopping to do.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:45 AM

LOL giggle! Your post is very funny, thanks for the laugh! I'll hold the finger if you do the chop. We could be the finger stealing bandits!

Old 05-25-2007, 12:58 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
LOL giggle! Your post is very funny, thanks for the laugh! I'll hold the finger if you do the chop. We could be the finger stealing bandits!
You two stay away from Wendys with those chopped off fingers

Old 05-25-2007, 01:03 AM

453 posts, read 2,100,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
You two stay away from Wendys with those chopped off fingers
i was actually in the middle of setting up a contract with a supply manager at wendy's. those guys pay top dollar for fresh fingers. we finger bandits are gonna be rich!

Old 05-25-2007, 01:44 AM

Send on over the contracts! I will start my finger pile in the morning.......giggle!

Old 05-25-2007, 02:46 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,360,863 times
Last time someone gave me the birdie when I was driving ... I gave them a big cheesy all teeth grin, nodded very rapidly then yelled out the window "yes please!" The look of bewilderment on their face was priceless It made my day.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:06 AM

8,940 posts, read 20,364,639 times
I remember when I went to Traffic School a number of years ago. I asked an Officer, "how easy is it nowadays to give tickets?". He looked at me and said, "extremely easy, especially for speeding"
The way I see it (at my old age of 59), there are just so many drivers out there nowadays that just don't give a da_n about anyone on the road. They don't care if you have kids (babies on up in age) in a car, they want to do what they want to do. "Get out of my way" is the basic wording used today.
HOWEVER, there are drivers (young and old) that drive wayyyyyyy to slow on the freeways. Some drive under the speed limit, while other drive the exact speed limit.
The entire "driving" thing is just sad to think about. No wonder there are so many people who chose Light Rail or the bus for commuting.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:47 AM

926 posts, read 1,460,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Last time someone gave me the birdie when I was driving ... I gave them a big cheesy all teeth grin, nodded very rapidly then yelled out the window "yes please!" The look of bewilderment on their face was priceless It made my day.
ROFL...perfect!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive