Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 12:10 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,923,139 times

Advertisements

Not sure about today but it was customary for a dealer to give a "30 day" warranty on any used car.

Most dealers just give a car a once over by their mechanic...just a "check off list" that everything is still there.

I sold NEW and used cars at one time decades ago...Low on oil?...add a quart...it's okay now.

Just how many miles can a person drive in 30 days?

Like a one yr warranty...things break down one month after warranty expires.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 03:31 PM

2 posts, read 5,471 times
I have a question of the same regards that needs instant response. I bought my used car in March 2010 thinking everything was set and go-go for me to be on the road. Well just last week, i got pulled over Dec 31 2010 for my registration being over due for 6 months. 6 months!!!! I was quite surprised this didn't happen earlier after the officer told me the situation. How is this possible? I never thought i would have to deal with any issues with my car for atleast a year til i would have to renew and get the car re-inspected and re-registered. I am a Pennsylvania resident and the car is registered in PA. I obviously since then registered my car the same day online. But somehow I dont think this should be all my fault. I'm thinking about taking action against the auto-dealer for the fines/fees I now have to pay. Who is at fault here? Maybe it is me and I have no problem, it just didnt seem right that tags and title were transferred and they went bad only 2-3 months after the purchase of the vehicle? If any response can help, please email me IMMEDIATELY. [email]djdrrage@gmail.com[/email] much appreciated to anyone that can point me in the right direction.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Did you pay the fees for them to register the vehicle?If so you might have grounds to file a complain or suit on them. But the law expect you the driver to not put a unregistered vehicle on the roadway. Yo i fact can get a ticket driving a friends vehicle. They can charge someone not driving it on the roadway now can they.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:07 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,285,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
How did he get a New York Title if it was never registered in New York? Any state I have lived in did not give a title until title transfer and that included registration. Hence the definition....registration.
I've never been in a state that REQUIRED registration when titling a car. Titling means you own it, registering it means you can drive it. I've bought many project cars that weren't going to get registered until they were completed, but I wanted the title on them during the rebuild process. Espeically in states that require a safety inspection to get it registered. Buy the car, get it titled, do the work, then get it inspected and registered. Easy.

And buying a car with a lien just means paying the bank directly (you can often pay them the full purchase amoutn and THEY will cut a check to the seller for the difference). yeah, you have to wait until they ship you the lien-released title, but it's not a scam. If you're that impatient you shouldn't be buying cars to start with, as it's a stupid thing to complain about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive