Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 10:05 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,903,831 times

Advertisements

Anyone gone to check it out or spotted them? They were in Dallas last night for a pit stop. Tons of cool and great cars along w/ lots of fun. One car at least did not make it to Dallas. One of the sheiks got stopped in New Mexico in his Bugatti, arrested and car impounded (BUMMER). Supposedly going about 160-170mph. They were leaving Dallas this morning headed to Houston and then onto New Orleans for the night. Finish line is in Miami on May 8th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 11:42 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,273,450 times
That's hillarious....(about the Sheik).

Old 05-06-2009, 01:04 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,723,244 times
Organized reckless driving... real cool. I hope those people pay some hefty prices.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:13 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,258,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Organized reckless driving... real cool. I hope those people pay some hefty prices.
Jealous.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:41 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,273,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
There is a place for organized reckless driving....the race track.

There's no place for it on public roads.

They're going to get a ticket, arrested, car impounded, or possibly have a wreck and damage their own property, the property of others (possibly public property)....hurt or kill themselves or others, and generally waste public resources as a result.

This was all ok when Burt Reynolds did it in a Movie....not acceptable IRL.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:25 AM

922 posts, read 1,910,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Jealous.
some of you are control freaks. liberal minds that want total control of the "people". its simple, get out of there way. I have ran as much as 160mph, no brag just fact, out in the open. over 120mph in the rain,its a rush that some enjoy and yes its done on your public roads. before I quit I want to build a car that can run 200 on the hiway. all aluminum, twin turbo, electronic fuel injection, 6speed trans. man its fun to out run the cops and there radios

Old 05-07-2009, 09:26 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,351,817 times
Even MORE fun, is to have a radio with police-band...with ear-piece in place....and hear a police-interceptor driver tell his dispatcher "Never Mind" in a depressed voice, as he watches your Turbo-Charged Kawasaki ZX-11 go immediately to Warp 9-point-9...

...because the power-to-weight ratio of an open-class big-bore sportbike is simply unmatched by ANYTHING short of an F-1 Race-Car...they just know there's no stopping you, and it's not worth even trying it...

(unless there is clear danger to other drivers up ahead...)

Old 05-07-2009, 09:59 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,367,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
some of you are control freaks. liberal minds that want total control of the "people". its simple, get out of there way. I have ran as much as 160mph, no brag just fact, out in the open. over 120mph in the rain,its a rush that some enjoy and yes its done on your public roads. before I quit I want to build a car that can run 200 on the hiway. all aluminum, twin turbo, electronic fuel injection, 6speed trans. man its fun to out run the cops and there radios
No, idiot, it's called ... oh ...

RESPECTING THE DAMN PEOPLE ON THE ROADS! Nobody but speed freaks who don't care about FAMILIES driving in their FAMILY cars or their own families go that fast. There's a reason why speed limits exist on roads, FOR SAFETY!

If people as rich as some of these people are, or as sponsored as some of these people are, there is ZERO reason why they HAVE to go on public roads. I'm not getting killed by some jerk with too much money just because he wants to "run free" on public roads. TAKE IT TO THE TRACK!!!! I wish the cops would impound all your asses and fine you millions for the **** you put the people through on that rally.

We're not "liberal" minds for wanting safe roads, moron.

Oh? "It's safe?" What about that incident in 2006 where there was a fatal crash? Don't forget, HIGHWAYS IN THE USA AREN'T MEANT FOR THOSE TYPES OF SPEED! Many gumballers have almost gotten killed because they hit a pothole.

I wish they would all kill themselves because it's just as stupid.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:30 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,630,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
I wish they would all kill themselves because it's just as stupid.
Well. I think even less of you than the racers.

Why wish death on anyone?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:53 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,903,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Well. I think even less of you than the racers.

Why wish death on anyone?

Actually, most of the people that are really into cars are MUCH BETTER and safer drivers than the average driver on the road. So lets see the count: Gumball Rally has had 1 fatality. Everyday drivers: MILLIONS of fatalities!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive