Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 09:17 AM

6,587 posts, read 17,603,200 times

Advertisements

I hope you're right, but I think we're going to see prices increase again now that crude oil is over $140 a barrel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
This won't happen. Gas in fact is going down here. Down from $4.10 to $3.87 yesterday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 02:10 PM

18,951 posts, read 43,896,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Let's hope this happens soon.
This only response that deserves is....

Old 06-28-2008, 02:28 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,334,881 times
i don't beleave we'll see that in my life time. gas here has dropped 6 cents in the last week. if we get a dem in office that want's to add more tax to the oil companies we just might. since the tax on oil companies trickles down to us the consumer.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:54 AM

92 posts, read 243,351 times
WOW 100% right

I only wished more people would wake up and realise that this false promise, bumper sticker slogans is just that, empty

If the dems want to punish the oil companies like they do then guess what the oil companies won't be done over they will just raise the price of oil and so we end up paying more again because of the foolish dem thinking

Two years ago the congress was taken over by the dems, they said before they were elected that they will bring the price of oil down.
it's gone up over 75% under the dem congress and it's getting worse

Amazing when people moan about not having enough money, the price of something the tax going up and then when you ask them who they voted for they say Obama, er you just voted for what you are moaning about

Old 06-29-2008, 08:16 PM

389 posts, read 1,079,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
INFLATION...ask for a raise!
Gas, food, and housing are not calculated into the rate of inflation. Funny, huh?

Old 06-29-2008, 08:23 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,190,565 times
I just wish that had not decoded to punish us and sarted drilling off the coast years ago. Insted they decided to raise food prices by mandating methnol in fuel.Seems Al Gores calling for higher gas prices to reduce consumption he wrote about in his book before the 2000 elections is being made to come true.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:26 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,223,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
I really wish people would stop saying gas is only going to get worse, while it may be true I think it only adds to the increase in price. Im not going to get into issues we have 3 other threads on but some one should find these speculators and kick their A@#

this is a free country buddy. you don't want to to be told to get out of your suv and drive at 55 to ease demand, then you don't criticise the right that people have to hedge their hard earned cash against inflation or to earn money by calling market movements. gotta keep your hypocritcal double standards in check there!

besides, oil speculators have been around for almost as long as the automobile. how come all of a sudden we are now to blame for price increases? i'd really love for you to answer that question. hmmmm? how come now?

Another thing i'd like you to explain is how futures trading elevates demand and/or reduces supply? iow how does futures trading influence price?

Old 07-21-2008, 07:48 AM

79,289 posts, read 61,380,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by total_genius View Post
I invested in the ETF (trades like a stock) called: OIL a few months ago. I have a stop loss in so no mater what happens I make money. I encouage everyone to invest.
A lot of oil speculators are going to wind up buried next to the day traders, real estate speculators etc.

I'm really glad you found a way to make guaranteed money in the stockmarket. *snicker* It's like free money! What could possibly go wrong?

Old 08-09-2008, 10:19 AM

2,402 posts, read 5,258,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proud American View Post
WOW 100% right

I only wished more people would wake up and realise that this false promise, bumper sticker slogans is just that, empty

If the dems want to punish the oil companies like they do then guess what the oil companies won't be done over they will just raise the price of oil and so we end up paying more again because of the foolish dem thinking

Two years ago the congress was taken over by the dems, they said before they were elected that they will bring the price of oil down.
it's gone up over 75% under the dem congress and it's getting worse

Amazing when people moan about not having enough money, the price of something the tax going up and then when you ask them who they voted for they say Obama, er you just voted for what you are moaning about
Strange how the price of oil went up 4X under oil industry puppets Bush/Cheney who've been in charge 8 years but you blame the dems who are so incompetent they can't indite one of the most corrupt regimes in American history who lied us into a war, funneled trillions into the pockets of well connected military contractors and eviscerated the Constitution.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:59 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,667,189 times
Gas here is only $3.74 for unleaded and $4.35 for diesel....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive