Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 09:25 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,646,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
They're not speeding, they're qualifying.
...or drafting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 01:44 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,264,144 times
Seattle drivers are passive-aggressive. If a guy is going slow in front of you and you switch lanes to pass, he'll immediately speed up so you can't pass him. IT's really strange, almost like "how dare you pass me" sort of thing. No turn signals and not so much tailgating but they can't seem to stop behind you at a safe distance at stoplights or signs. I dread coming to a stop because these guys are so far up my a@@ that I can't see their headlights. Or they slam on the brakes at the last minute. Oh...and the whole reason it's the everyone stop and "you go ahead...no you go ahead" drill is because they don't know WTF a four way stop sign is or how to deal with it. You get the deer in the headlights look whenever there is a 4 way. Or...as you're approaching a stop sign, from say a block away, the guy already at the stop sign in the opposite direction will WAIT there at the intersection until you arrive...I don't know why. Maybe so he can have someone to play "I don't know WTF a 4 way stop sign is" gameshow. Really stupid. It was refreshing to return back to the midwest and see "hey, people really understand the concept of a 4 way stop sign." Duh.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:42 PM

24,532 posts, read 26,085,445 times
Generally folks are driving above the posted speed limit unless you in some place like Sun City where there are a bunch of retireees, then it's pray for me I live in Sun City.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:15 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,415,878 times
Where I live, Sioux Falls South Dakota, people actually drive the speed limit for the most part... just depends on where you drive... I can't stand people that don't accelerate on the entrance ramps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive