Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 04:55 PM

26,196 posts, read 21,611,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoarrow View Post
"OP can buy a Honda Accord with free lifetime warranty."

Prove this wrong.

I can have a purple monkey however what you've posted now isn't what you orginally posted

Old 03-24-2015, 04:59 PM

922 posts, read 1,150,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Go back through the posts in this thread and find the ones that agree with your misinterpretation. Then look for those that agree with me and get back to me. Saturn was a subsidiary of GM while no Honda dealer is a subsidiary of Honda so the two scenarios are nothing alike. You can mention countless pointless examples as you have but they won't change the facts.

I don't need to go back through the thread because I read each post, which you obviously failed to do. No one in the thread claimed the warranty was backed by the manufacturer, except you... which conveniently happened after I proved you wrong.

Saturn example was to show that just because you have your own CEO doesn't not mean there is no affiliation between the two. Honda (dealers) can not sell new Toyotas.... guess why?

Old 03-24-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
A car dealer can in fact sell multiple brands. You are incorrect in both your application of "honda" and the accord lifetime warranty
Honda dealers can sell Toyotas in the same showroom?

Did not know that. I guess you learn new things every day.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:
I can have a purple monkey however what you've posted now isn't what you orginally posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Now warranty. The Hyundai has the best factory warranty and has the best bumper to bumper warranty, but out local Honda dealers are offering the life-time powertrain warranty. I am not sure if this is a regional or national thing that has caught on, but most all of our Honda and Toyota dealers now have it and some of our local Ford and Nissan dealers have it. None of our GM dealers or Chrysler-Dodge dealers have it. I know that you have to get the car serviced on time and go by the book, but it sounds like it is something to heavily consider if you plan on keeping the car for more than 5 years, which I plan on doing... maybe not more than 10 though as I may turn it over to my parents, so that 10 year / 100k on the Hyundai may be very sufficient for me.
Quote:
Even more reason he should get the Accord since it comes with a lifetime warranty.
Quote:
I don't think Honda offers lifetime warranties on any of its new vehicles. So resale is pretty much a non issue given how long the vehicle will be owned and the Sonata offers the better warranty of the two.

Guess which 2 are like the other.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:11 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,107,650 times
Quote:
Honda dealers can sell Toyotas in the same showroom?

Did not know that. I guess you learn new things every day.
I'd argue that you have been taught many new things today. As far as a dealer selling Honda's and Toyota's at a single location:

Honda and Toyota Dealerships Lima OH | Allan Nott

Old 03-24-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
I'd argue that you have been taught many new things today. As far as a dealer selling Honda's and Toyota's at a single location:

Honda and Toyota Dealerships Lima OH | Allan Nott

Yes, I am fully aware that there are Honda and Toyota dealerships under the same ownership. There's quite a few here where they are even located side by side.

Before you misunderstand again (what's new)..... I'm talking about selling new Toyotas in Honda dealerships with no Toyota dealership anywhere near it.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Yes, I am fully aware that there are Honda and Toyota dealerships under the same ownership. There's quite a few here where they are even located side by side.

Before you misunderstand again (what's new)..... I'm talking about selling new Toyotas in Honda dealerships with no Toyota dealership anywhere near it.
You are going down a rabbit hole because you are simply incorrect. Honda doesn't offer lifetime warranties and "the accord" doesn't come with a lifetime warranty

Old 03-24-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
You are going down a rabbit hole because you are simply incorrect. Honda doesn't offer lifetime warranties and "the accord" doesn't come with a lifetime warranty
OP says to his friend....

"I just bought a new Honda Accord with a lifetime warranty."

Prove him wrong.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
OP says to his friend....

"I just bought a new Honda Accord with a lifetime warranty."

Prove him wrong.
Why are you changing what you said?

Let me show you the post you made that is not factual

Quote:
Even more reason he should get the Accord since it comes with a lifetime warranty.

Some accords may come with the lifetime warranty but "the accord" does not. The accord comes with standard manufactures warranty.

Keep changing what you said because it's clearly wrong as you originally posted it

Old 03-24-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Why are you changing what you said?

Let me show you the post you made that is not factual

Some accords may come with the lifetime warranty but "the accord" does not. The accord comes with standard manufactures warranty.

Keep changing what you said because it's clearly wrong as you originally posted it

OP: "Shopping for an Accord, Honda (dealer) offering lifetime warranty."
Me: "He should get the Accord since it comes with a lifetime warranty."

Not that difficult to follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive