Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 02:52 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,164,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoarrow View Post
Who cares? It's a free lifetime warranty, just like I said.
Do you know anything about third party warranties or are you simply replying with the first thing that comes to mind? When I researched third party warranties for my own car I found that they are universally pretty awful. Your experience my differ but it certainly didn't leave me with much confidence. Honda won't assist in anyway if you have issues and the dealership is more concerned about making a sale than making sure you're taken care of after 5 years.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:52 PM

922 posts, read 1,152,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
News to me but you have to keep up with ALL scheduled maintenance. And many of them require them to be done at that specific dealership. This includes oil changes, air filters, etc.

Honestly I would end up spending more money at the dealership just trying to keep my warranty intact. I'm a DIY'er for basic maintenance stuff.

Also note only good on original car owner. Non transferable

You didn't know about it until a few minutes ago but now you're an expert on their ins and outs? Ummm, OK!

Old 03-24-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Do you know anything about third party warranties or are you simply replying with the first thing that comes to mind? When I researched third party warranties for my own car I found that they are universally pretty awful.

Who cares? Free lifetime warranty is included, just like I said.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Who cares? Free lifetime warranty is included, just like I said.
Again, you seem to ignore that "free lifetime warranty included" actually results in "nothing covered ever". You have to understand that particularly with items like warranties, the literal meaning is rarely the case. Or are you saying who cares if the warranty sucks? Because many people basing a purchase on warranties would care.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
News to me but you have to keep up with ALL scheduled maintenance. And many of them require them to be done at that specific dealership. This includes oil changes, air filters, etc.

Honestly I would end up spending more money at the dealership just trying to keep my warranty intact. I'm a DIY'er for basic maintenance stuff.

I'm not sure I would bother with these 3rd party warranties the dealerships are issuing. They aren't backed by Honda and good luck with any help getting a claim sorted out down the line. Unless Honda or the dealers are underwriting the warranties themselves I'd say don't bother.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Again, you seem to ignore that "free lifetime warranty included" actually results in "nothing covered ever". You have to understand that particularly with items like warranties, the literal meaning is rarely the case.

Let me get this straight... you went from "no such thing as a lifetime warranty" to now claiming "lifetime warranty is a farce"..... you must look like Michael Jackson doing the moonwalk.

You were wrong, just admit it and move on.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Let me get this straight... you went from "no such thing as a lifetime warranty" to now claiming "lifetime warranty is a farce"..... you must look like Michael Jackson doing the moonwalk.

You were wrong, just admit it and move on.
Wrong about which part? I know what third party warranties are like and you do not. That means I'm able to make a more accurate assessment about their worth. It's quite simple really. Third party warranties are awful and apart from making you feel good about getting one for free, they do little else when you actually need to use one.

You also seem to have amnesia as I clearly stated Honda does not offer a lifetime warranty and they do not. So a lifetime warranty with Honda's backing does not exist.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:

Terms from one of the dealerships:

Simply follow the factory-recommended maintenance schedule at any dealership or licensed facility, and we extend Honda's Factory Powertrain Limited Warranty for as long as you own your vehicle.

So you were wrong, again.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Terms from one of the dealerships:

Simply follow the factory-recommended maintenance schedule at any dealership or licensed facility, and we extend Honda's Factory Powertrain Limited Warranty for as long as you own your vehicle.

So you were wrong, again.
It's actually better at the dealer as they record dealer visits. Doing it at a "licensed facility" means keeping your receipts and hoping you have them five years later.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Wrong about which part? I know what third party warranties are like and you do not. That means I'm able to make a more accurate assessment about their worth. It's quite simple really. Third party warranties are awful and apart from making you feel good about getting one for free, they do little else when you actually need to use one.

You also seem to have amnesia as I clearly stated Honda does not offer a lifetime warranty and they do not. So a lifetime warranty with Honda's backing does not exist.

You were wrong about no free lifetime warranty offered on Hondas. I just provided you multiple Honda dealers offering it. I can find more if you'd like.

Since you were proven wrong, you're now going off tangent about how they are supposedly "worthless"..... just give it up, you're embarrassing yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive