Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 09:59 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,736,582 times

Advertisements

I know there are memory seat settings with steering wheel, side mirror and power seat all in one. But any out there with memory rear view mirrors also?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 10:04 PM

52 posts, read 125,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
I know there are memory seat settings with steering wheel, side mirror and power seat all in one. But any out there with memory rear view mirrors also?
i SAY NO

Old 09-06-2014, 10:13 PM

431 posts, read 599,980 times
Quote:
I've been looking at a lot of luxury cars recently. I'm looking to replace my Infiniti G37x. I haven't seen one with this feature yet.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:21 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwibble View Post
I've been looking at a lot of luxury cars recently. I'm looking to replace my Infiniti G37x. I haven't seen one with this feature yet.
A google search reveals nothing

Old 09-06-2014, 10:41 PM

I guess it's too complicated to add that electronic feature to rear view mirror

Old 09-07-2014, 09:30 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,498,373 times
Quote:
I guess it's too complicated to add that electronic feature to rear view mirror
There just has not been anyone in the history of humanity who is so eFFin lazy they cant teach their hand up and manually adjust the mirror right in front of their face. Congrats on almost being the first though.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:32 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
There just has not been anyone in the history of humanity who is so eFFin lazy they cant teach their hand up and manually adjust the mirror right in front of their face. Congrats on almost being the first though.

That didnt take long...

Congrats on being the first holier than thou CD-er in the thread.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:34 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
For the 6 months it seems to take to get it "just right", I sure would love to set it once and have it included in the memory.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Same could be said for memory seats, steering wheel, and side mirrors. But memory rear view mirror, now we're going too far. I think it's a valid question but I know you're just trolling.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:09 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,498,373 times
Quote:
Same could be said for memory seats, steering wheel, and side mirrors. But memory rear view mirror, now we're going too far. I think it's a valid question but I know you're just trolling.
Not at all. Manually, Most proper seat adjustments can take anywhere from 5-20 seconds. Sideview mirrors, 15-60 seconds. So over a minute between the two easily. Valuable time can be saved with those, especially when the two most common drivers are different enough in size where the bigger driver cannot physically get into the car until AFTER the seat has been moved to give sufficient space for their larger body.
A proper inside rearview mirror adjustments takes anwhere from .5 of a second to 3 seconds on average. These numbers are common knowledge to engineers that work in vehicle ergonomics.

So there IS an actually benefit to the common memory seats and outside mirrors, but not so much so for the inside rearview. Unless the driver is just terribly lazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive