Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 02:06 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,236,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I am tired of hearing Mazda. We have Mazda in out garage. 2008 Mazdaspeed.
let me tell you something.
1. engine timing CHAIN had to be replaced at 80K miles, just out of warranty, with Mazda forced to do extended warranty for chains due to epidemic of those fo bad. CHAIN. Not timing belt.
2. VVTI actuator had to be replaced same time, with Mazda doing same warranty extension.
3. Clutch slave cylinder replaced TWICE. They made car with huge clutch and tiny standard slave cylinder that blows from pressure it has to apply.
4. Next, clutch cylinder hydraulic line blew. Reason being, there is a proprietary seal on the clutch end of it. Dear Mazda will not sell you the seal. You have to buy entire hydraulic line. $165 plus tax. For 6mm long funny shaped O-ring, basically.
5. Anything you need to buy for that car is dealer only, as Mazda refuses to release parts to aftermarket, and costs an arm, a leg, and all of your money.
You want to buy Mazda - go ahead. Direct injection engine sounds like machine gun due to loud beyond any reason high pressure fuel pump.
I tested many cars and Miatas have handling that is not found in many cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 02:59 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
When you get that itch for a Miata ya pretty much gotta buy one to scratch it,Great little car,very reliable , lots of fun, excellent forum ,many clubs,much after market stuff.http://www.miata.net/
As i get the impression you live in south Fla Heres the Miami Craigslist for Miatas.
south florida cars & trucks classifieds "miata" - craigslist
You might also want to ask for some help in finding a good one by going to the South section of the Miata forum..
I would try to avoid dealers and go with a low mileage scrupulously maintained private sale.
http://miami.craigslist.org/search/c...=&autoMaxYear=
I personally like the first generation Miatas, the ones with the pop up headlights, they went to the second generation in 1999, i'd say you could probably get a low mileage well maintained first gen for under $10K.
This is one of many that would get my attention,Clean original well maintained by a caring owner.
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/4109101206.html

Last edited by jambo101; 11-16-2013 at 03:39 AM..

Old 11-16-2013, 03:44 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
Quote:
1. engine timing CHAIN had to be replaced at 80K miles, just out of warranty, with Mazda forced to do extended warranty for chains due to epidemic of those fo bad. CHAIN. Not timing belt.
2. VVTI actuator had to be replaced same time, with Mazda doing same warranty extension.
3. Clutch slave cylinder replaced TWICE. They made car with huge clutch and tiny standard slave cylinder that blows from pressure it has to apply.
4. Next, clutch cylinder hydraulic line blew. Reason being, there is a proprietary seal on the clutch end of it. Dear Mazda will not sell you the seal. You have to buy entire hydraulic line. $165 plus tax. For 6mm long funny shaped O-ring, basically.
5. Anything you need to buy for that car is dealer only, as Mazda refuses to release parts to aftermarket, and costs an arm, a leg, and all of your money.
You want to buy Mazda - go ahead. Direct injection engine sounds like machine gun due to loud beyond any reason high pressure fuel pump.
You unfortunately got a bad one, your problems are not indicative of Mazdas in general, Not sure of the problems specific to the Mazda3 with turbo but i've never heard of such problems on the normally aspirated Miata..

Last edited by jambo101; 11-16-2013 at 03:58 AM..

Old 11-16-2013, 03:53 AM

16,907 posts, read 16,146,358 times
Quote:

Not the first time I've heard of that sort of thing happening with those Mazdas! Sorry you got burned like that!

Old 11-16-2013, 04:05 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,678,764 times
I had a Mazda ('01 Protege) that had a few unexpected problems that I've never had in any of my good ol' Hondas. It was a decent handling car, but it also had a rough ride, and the throttle was extremely touchy just off idle. The clutch also chattered horribly with only 20,000 miles.

I found that although it was fun to drive when you wanted to have fun, it was utterly incapable of, ya know, relaxing. It was always "on," so to speak. It was not refined enough for a smooth Sunday cruise on the parkways (speed limit 25), or being driven smoothly in city stop and go traffic. It took awhile, but after a few months, I realized I had made a mistake, and started longing for an Accord or Civic again.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:36 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,236,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegonagle View Post
I had a Mazda ('01 Protege) that had a few unexpected problems that I've never had in any of my good ol' Hondas. It was a decent handling car, but it also had a rough ride, and the throttle was extremely touchy just off idle. The clutch also chattered horribly with only 20,000 miles.

I found that although it was fun to drive when you wanted to have fun, it was utterly incapable of, ya know, relaxing. It was always "on," so to speak. It was not refined enough for a smooth Sunday cruise on the parkways (speed limit 25), or being driven smoothly in city stop and go traffic. It took awhile, but after a few months, I realized I had made a mistake, and started longing for an Accord or Civic again.
I value a fun drive more than a boring smooth ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive