Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 07:58 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,381,277 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have been together going on 7 years now, and each holiday gets harder to plan for. Not only is he an automotive enthusiast (read- obsessed ), but he is also compulsive and buys the things he sees that he wants.

This man lives, breathes and dreams CARS. He is an ASE certified master tech, has too many I-car certifications to count, and races on the weekends at nearby tracks when he can.

I've gotten him in the past:
-Tools (sockets, wrench set, air compresser)
- jacks, jack stands, ramps
- gloves, eye protection
- steering wheel
- tires
- car themed fire pit
- racing seat
- Garage decor (Mans Cave sign, "last car that parked here is still missing" "Jamies garage')
- Automotive magazines and books
- weather tech floor mats for truck

Yes, he's spoiled...

Christmas is right around the corner and I am at a loss. Help a desperate wife out!

I like the stuff of Summit Racing website but can't tell what is just junk and what he would like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 08:01 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,321,608 times
What does he drive everyday? What does he race?

I don't see driving shoes on your list.

Detailing package:
- PorterCable random orbital polisher
- Kit of foam pads for the polisher plus appropriate compounds, polishes, waxes

Car cover

New audio for his vehicles

Old 10-31-2013, 08:11 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,085,970 times
unless this is something you've already done and depending on what he already races, since you're close to Charlotte perhaps one of the driving/racing experiences at Lowes? Or a full race weekend package as a gift for one of the 2014 events.
Again never mind if that's part of your normal routine lol

Old 10-31-2013, 08:13 AM

6,695 posts, read 7,316,130 times
I'll second the driving shoes. You can get car watches.

Wrist Watches from Famous Auto Brands

Old 10-31-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
What does he drive everyday? What does he race?

I don't see driving shoes on your list.

Detailing package:
- PorterCable random orbital polisher
- Kit of foam pads for the polisher plus appropriate compounds, polishes, waxes

Car cover

New audio for his vehicles

Daily is a '05 Silverado
Race car is a track ready 350z

I have gotten him detailer, and again he also buys sporadically through the year.

Shoes are a great idea but how would I know if they're comfortable?

Old 10-31-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
unless this is something you've already done and depending on what he already races, since you're close to Charlotte perhaps one of the driving/racing experiences at Lowes? Or a full race weekend package as a gift for one of the 2014 events.
Again never mind if that's part of your normal routine lol
We've done some "experiences" in FL but nothing here. I could certainly look into it. I would like to stick to a modest budget (I know, I'm asking a lot- this hobby is a money pit). But I rather him all night in the garage than all night on the streets

I'll look at racing watches too.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I'll second the driving shoes. You can get car watches.

Wrist Watches from Famous Auto Brands

These are AWESOME!!!

ETA: $4000 for a watch? $1200 for a watch?! Whoooaaaa, no way. Sorry, not gunna happen. For that I'll buy him a beater to tinker with and sell.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:30 AM

20,779 posts, read 20,166,967 times
A weekend getaway to a racing event?
Or a Mario Andretti racing experience, where he can drive in an indy car or nascar replica. I am not sure where the closest racetrack offering that package is, though.

I did it recently here in CA and it was great. Drove 146 mph on a real racetrack. A bit short though, just for 5 minutes.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:30 AM

15,443 posts, read 21,496,143 times
Antifreeze for the radiators and windshield washers are always good shopping ideas at this time of the year. Sorry if that seems to be somewhat of a mondane gift idea but I was out in my barn this morning and realized I have not yet checked my antifreeze levels in my tractors and equipment yet. Then I saw your question.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Antifreeze for the radiators and windshield washers are always good shopping ideas at this time of the year. Sorry if that seems to be somewhat of a mondane gift idea but I was out in my barn this morning and realized I have not yet checked my antifreeze levels in my tractors and equipment yet. Then I saw your question.

LOL, its a better suggestion than you think. That could be filler or "stocking stuffers". He hates that I buy socks and underwear for that kind of thing. He strictly told me NO for that this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive